This is an important industry event that gives you an opportunity to share your knowledge with aerospace and defense manufacturing engineers who are looking for ways to increase manufacturability and productivity
Dearborn, MI (PRWEB) June 25, 2013
SME is seeking manufacturing professionals with subject-area expertise to speak at AeroDef Manufacturing 2014, the ground-breaking exposition and technical conference solely devoted to aerospace and defense manufacturing. It will be held February 25 – 27 at the Long Beach (Calif.) Convention Center.
“This is an important industry event that gives you an opportunity to share your knowledge with aerospace and defense manufacturing engineers who are looking for ways to increase manufacturability and productivity,” said Dave Morton, senior show manager for SME.
AeroDef Manufacturing is produced in partnership with leading OEMs to bring together the extended manufacturing enterprise to find integrated solutions that are critical to maintaining the industry’s long-term competitiveness. SME is looking for experts who can provide information that can shorten manufacturing production and delivery cycles for aerospace and defense customers. Topic areas include:
- Composites, Metals & Advanced Materials
- Digital & Additive Manufacturing
- Finishing & Coatings: Extreme Environments & Survivability
- Integrated Assembly & Robotics
- Precision Machining & Tooling
The deadline for presentation abstracts is August 21, 2013. Speaking submissions will be reviewed by members of the AeroDef Conference Committee, which includes:
- George N. Bullen, CPIM, president, CEO,Smart Blades, Inc.
- Jim Fisher, director of operations, National Center for Defense Manufacturing and Machining
- Youping Gao, PhD, associate fellow discipline lead, Manufacturing Engineering, Pratt & Whitney Rocketdyne
- Dr. Don A. Kinard, PhD, senior technical fellow, deputy, F-35 Fighter Production System, Lockheed Martin
- James L. McHale, senior manager, Manufacturing Technology, Lockheed Martin Aeronautics Company
- Mer Parhizkary, senior partner and technical fellow, ARG Consulting Group
- Dan Sanders, senior technical fellow, Boeing Research & Technology
- David Siedal, technical fellow, Lockheed Martin
- Todd Szallay, manager, Manufacturing Technology Development, Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems
- John Wang, senior manager, Systems Integration & Test, Satellite Development Center, The Boeing Company
Visit the AeroDef Manufacturing website at aerodefevent.com to complete the Call for Speakers Form, including a 100-200 word description of your presentation. For more information about attending, exhibiting, or presenting, visit the website or call 800.733.3976. For the most up-to-date details, follow us on Twitter @AeroDefMfg and join the LinkedIn AeroDef group.
As an unbiased, 501(c)3 organization with an 81-year history of accumulating, validating and sharing manufacturing knowledge, SME is an essential resource for manufacturing stakeholders. Those who engage with SME discover a vibrant, multifaceted community where connections, collaboration and camaraderie thrive. Through its integrated strategic areas — events, publishing, membership, Tooling U-SME online training division and the SME Education Foundation — SME acts as “the solutionists” to help manufacturing stakeholders overcome their challenges with innovative, practical solutions. SME is “Making the future. Together.”