Our mission is to make video content as connected to the rest of the Web as any word or image.
San Francisco, CA (PRWEB) June 25, 2013
TheMadVideo.com, the quick and easy way to add context and interactivity to any online video, today announces support for videos hosted on Vimeo and Brightcove in addition to YouTube. The company, originating in Madrid and based in San Francisco, now creates new monetization options and connections between content creators and viewers by supporting the two additional platforms.
The Mad Video’s announcement comes on the heels of winning “Best Startup 2013” at The Startup Conference and “San Francisco’s Hottest Showcasing Startup” at Tech Cocktail. Last month, the company also announced a seed funding round of $500,000 to fuel product development and partnerships.
“Our mission is to make video content as connected to the rest of the Web as any word or image,” said Koldo Garcia, CEO and founder of The Mad Video. “Online videos are full of content -- people, products and locations -- but this content is difficult to find. The Mad Video solves this problem by enabling video publishers to easily tag the valuable information in their videos and make those specific tags indexable on search engines and shareable across social networks.”
The Mad Video enables content creators to tag the valuable content embedded in videos with just one click. Retailers, for example, can open direct sales channels through their videos, with high conversion rates and low production costs, and other media or content producers -- from vloggers to media companies -- gain new monetization options by adding context to native content in a non-intrusive, relevant way.
Using The Mad Video requires no installation and no additional hosting or uploading beyond YouTube, Vimeo or Brightcove. Key features on The Mad Video’s video platform include:
- Micro-tagging: tag any person, place or product in a video and add text, images and other content for viewers to see when they click on a tag
- Tag Gallery: browse through popular tags of featured people, places and products and jump to the exact moment in the video when they appear
- Automatic scene detection: proprietary technology uses changes in light to detect discrete scenes in videos, making it easy to tag specific moments
- Embedding and sharing: share any tag on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Google+ and embed any tag or video in a web page
- Engagement tracking: follow which tags have the highest views, rollovers, shares and conversion rates
For more information on how The Mad Video makes any moment in a video taggable and shareable, please visit http://www.themadvideo.com/how.