Using their un-matched pool of industry knowledge and experience Ahern’s analysts work with trucking, logistics, warehousing and private equity firms across North America to locate strategic growth opportunities
Phoenix, Arizona (PRWEB) June 26, 2013
Ahern & Associates’ unique ability to seek out and achieve client targets while concurrently demonstrating extraordinary speed to market, is once again being sought by numerous clients after a very successful 2nd quarter.
Using their un-matched pool of industry knowledge and experience Ahern’s analysts work with trucking, logistics, warehousing and private equity firms across North America to locate strategic growth opportunities, including acquisitions of companies who propagate management’s plans for expansion and assist them in achieving their goals.
Andy Ahern, founder and CEO of Ahern & Associates, has a strong industry-wide reputation for diligently creating exit strategies for numerous sellers that meet his client’s stringent criteria, in any economy. Ahern has championed the industry as a whole, leading and facilitating a recent trend of consolidation among the smaller companies that dominate the industry make up. The success of his approach and the importance of this trend to the industry as a whole are evident in their recent announcement of record-breaking closed transportation transactions for the 1st and 2nd quarter of 2013.
Their clients are already demanding more opportunities for the coming quarter and Ahern has recently announced 9 new acquisition opportunities for the 3rd quarter of 2013, solidifying their position as an industry market maker.
1. Well-known logistics company looking to expand their operating footprint east of the Mississippi, as well as Southwest, Mid Atlantic and North East. Minimum target revenues of between $10M - $100M. Company must be profitable and management must be willing to stay.
2. Well-established client looking to expand their light-asset business model. Minimum target revenue is $20M to $150M. Client will consider freight brokers, refrigerated, van, flatbed or intermodal carriers. Must be profitable and management must be willing to stay after acquisition.
3. Well-established, mid-sized van carrier looking to expand their operating footprint in Kentucky, Indiana, Georgia, Florida, and Tennessee. Client will consider trucking companies with revenues of $5M to $15M of annual revenue and will consider companies that are marginally profitable.
4. Well-known, privately held trucking company looking to acquire a van transportation company needing working capital for growth. Minimum target revenue is $15M to $50M. Management must be willing to stay and have good CSA scores.
5. A regional, flatbed carrier looking to expand their presence in Illinois, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, New Jersey and Georgia. Client will consider companies between $5M - $25M of annual flatbed revenue.
6. Well-known California based transportation company looking for California trucking and logistics companies that are non-asset based.Client will consider companies that generate $5M to $50M of annual revenue.
7. Successful Midwestern family-owned business looking to acquire dry or liquid bulk carriers with revenues between $5M to $20M. Client will prefer to review opportunities in the Midwest, but is open to looking at other areas. Must be profitable and have a good management team.
8. Privately held flatbed company looking for strategic purchases of profitable flatbed companies that are primarily asset-based. Companies must generate between $35M to $150M of annual revenue and must be profitable. Client wants management to stay and operate as a standalone company to the parent company. Can close quickly.
9. Client looking to acquire flatbed carriers that utilize independent contractors in the Southeast/Midwest. Must have a strong management team that wants to continue to operate the business.
The above represent clients who have signed engagement letters with Ahern and are currently looking for opportunities matching these criteria. In many instances, Ahern has worked with these clients in the past and these companies have already completed their 2013 budget, planning, and want to complete their goals for the 3rd quarter of 2013.
If your company is a match to any of the above clients or if you know of a company that is a potential match, you are urged to contact Andy Ahern at (602) 242-1030.
About Ahern & Associates, Ltd.
Ahern and Associates is North America’s leading trucking and transportation management consulting firm. The skilled consultants at Ahern and Associates specialize in mergers and acquisitions of trucking and logistics companies as well as the restructuring and evaluation of existing carriers that seek to increase operating efficiency and improve profitability. Since 1987, Ahern and Associates has aided hundreds of buyers in the acquisition of trucking and logistics companies throughout the U.S. and Canada as well as assisting many transportation and logistics companies in reducing their overall operating costs and increasing their profitability.
For more information, please call 602-242-1030 or visit http://www.ahern-ltd.com.