(PRWEB) June 27, 2013
The Alliance of Chinese and European Business Schools (ACE) was officially inaugurated in France on 31 May 2013. The Faculty of Business (FB) of The Hong Kong Polytechnic University (PolyU) is one of the 20 founding members of this alliance with EFMD (European Foundation for Management Development) as the patron.
Dr Alison E. Lloyd, Associate Dean (External Relations and Development) of the Faculty, is delighted with the exchange opportunities the Alliance offers to FB's faculty and students. "The initiative enables member schools to form a strong collaborating network and brings together abundant resources for academics and students. It will also facilitate internationalization," said Dr Lloyd.
Dr Leung Man-kwong, Associate Dean (Academic Support), said that joint activities of ACE will bring stimulating ideas and benefits to enrich FB's research and education." New knowledge and fresh eyes will help us update and improve our academic programmes to meet the real needs of the world," he commented.
ACE focuses on academic excellence and the synergy between research and education to better prepare the next generation of executives for future challenges. Among the planned activities are a joint programme under the ACE label, exchanges of professors and students, projects and research conferences and development of international skills modules.
Founding members of ACE include:
- Antwerp Management School, Belgium
- Beijing Jiaotong University, China
- University of Chinese Academy of Sciences, China
- EBS Business School, Germany
- ESSCA School of Management, France
- Gothenburg University, Sweden
- Harbin Institute of Technology, China
- The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong
- Leeds University, UK
- National Tsing Hua University, Taiwan
- Northwestern Polytechnical University, China
- MIP Politecnico di Milano, Italy
- Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University, Netherlands
- Shanghai University of Finance and Economics, China
- Southwestern University of Finance and Economics, China
- Universidade Catolica Lisbon, Portugal
- University of Ljubljana, Slovenia
- University of Macau, Macau
- VSE University of Economics Prague, Czech Republic
- Xiamen University, China
Press contact: Ms Wendy Wong
Faculty of Business
Tel: (852) 3400 2582
Ms Lillian Cheung
Faculty of Business
Tel: (852) 3400 2590