(PRWEB UK) 26 June 2013
Houston Texas International Airport’s United Club lounge, Terminal E has been voted the best airport lounge in North America in this year’s Priority Pass Lounge of the Year awards.
Nearly 60,000 Priority Pass members voted based on their experiences of the program’s lounges globally and against a set of criteria for lounge quality including refreshments, staff, business facilities and overall ambience.
The United Club lounge has a remarkable track record in the Lounge of the Year awards, having won the global award three times, the North American regional award three times and has been highly commended on three occasions.
Now in their ninth year, the awards recognize excellence within Priority Pass’s network of over 600 partner-operated lounges worldwide.
John Yeng, Director of Product Marketing for United Airlines said: “Winning this award demonstrates that we love what we do and we strive to deliver the very best to our customers year after year. Our customer service is consistently excellent, which is why we believe Priority Pass members have voted for us.
“We’re very proud of our people who care about our customers and ensure they have an amazing experience in our lounge.”
Around 70% of the lounge’s 2,000 daily visitors are business travelers.
Terry Evans, President of Priority Pass, North America said: “With Houston being such an important US hub, Priority Pass members are often transiting through it, and often on business. The feedback we have had from our members demonstrates that having a high quality lounge with superb business services available, as they are in this lounge, is vital to the success of their business trips. Those on leisure obviously enjoy the amenities in the Houston lounge also.
”Presenting an award for the ninth consecutive year to the United Club Lounge demonstrates the perseverance of the lounge team to deliver a consistently high level of service for Priority Pass members.”
The overall global award went to the Pau Casals VIP lounge at Barcelona’s El Prat airport in Spain. There were also an additional eight winners, including five regional winners:
- Global Best Lounge: Pau Casals VIP lounge, Barcelona El Prat
- Global Best Refreshments: No.1 Heathrow, Terminal 3, London Heathrow Airport
- Global Best Staff: Escape Lounge, Terminal 1, Manchester Airport
- Global Best Business Facilities: Dilmun Lounge, Bahrain International Airport
- Asia Pacific: Louis’ Tavern CIP First Class Lounge, International Terminal, Concourse G, Bangkok Suvarnabhumi International Airport
- Europe: Pau Casals VIP lounge, Barcelona El Prat (Global Winner)
- Latin America and Caribbean: Sumaq VIP Lounge and Business Center, Lima Jorge Chavez International Airport
- Middle East and Africa: Al Dhabi Lounge, Abu Dhabi International Airport
- North America: United Club Lounge, Terminal E, Houston Texas International Airport
High resolution images plus video content of the winning lounge can be found at http://www.prioritypass.com/northamericaloungeoftheyear2013.
NOTES TO EDITORS:
Priority Pass provides frequent travelers with airport lounge access, irrespective of their class of travel, airline flown or existing membership in an airline loyalty program. Launched in 1992, Priority Pass now offers more than 600 airport lounges worldwide in 300 cities in over 100 countries. Priority Pass is part of Priority Travel Group, a division of The Collinson Group, specializing in the international travel clubs and services sector. For more information, visit http://www.prioritypass.com.