"The most successful specialty retailers are prioritizing technology investments, organizational incentives, and attribution metrics that drive online and in-store growth."
New York, NY (PRWEB) June 26, 2013
Today, L2 released its fourth-annual Digital IQ Index®: Specialty Retail report. A comprehensive assessment of 71 U.S. specialty retailers’ digital performance, this year's study—in which Sephora ranked No. 1—not only provides industry-wide benchmarking but also analyzes key retail trends, highlights the industry’s biggest digital gainers and losers over the past year, and features a variety of in-depth brand case studies. Authored by Scott Galloway, L2 Founder and NYU Stern Clinical Professor of Marketing, this new Digital IQ Index®: Specialty Retail study provides a quantitative and qualitative picture of how brands are leveraging digital to drive sales online and in-store.
"The most successful specialty retailers are prioritizing technology investments, organizational incentives, and attribution metrics that drive online and in-store growth." –Scott Galloway, Author, 2013 Digital IQ Index®: Specialty Retail
To download an excerpt of the new report, use the link below:
- The retailers with the biggest YOY gains in Digital IQ were Talbots (+44 percent), Uniqlo (+35 percent) and J.Crew (+31 percent).
- Specialty retailers now register 90 percent penetration on Pinterest and Instagram, making both “must be there” platforms, along with Facebook, YouTube and Twitter.
- Two-thirds of retailers sell separate products for men and women, only 45 percent of which collect gender information during sign-up; of these, just 43 percent send gender-specific marketing emails.
- Just 15 percent of retailers prompt users to modify their email frequency and content preferences during the unsubscribe process.
- Although 69 percent of retailers support online purchase with in-store return, just 14 percent have made the requisite investments at point-of-sale to facilitate in-store pickup.
L2 is a think tank for digital innovation that helps prestige brands navigate the digital marketing landscape through education, research, and advisory services. The L2 Digital IQ Index® is the global, seminal benchmark for digital performance of brands and the largest and most robust study of its kind. Rankings are published annually across numerous industries, including: Luxury, Beauty, Retail, Travel, Spirits, Auto, and consumer packaged goods. For more information, visit: http://www.l2thinktank.com.