San Francisco, CA (PRWEB) June 28, 2013
Healthline Networks, one of the largest and fastest-growing providers of health information services, today reported that its premier network partner, Drugs.com, received top marks in a recent customer trust and satisfaction survey. Drugs.com is the leading online drug resource, attracting more than nine million unique visitors each month (Comscore, May 2013). The survey of 993 site visitors was conducted in the second quarter of 2013. It found that the vast majority of respondents trust Drugs.com and the information it provides.
“The survey finding that 91% of site visitors are satisfied, underscores the importance of Drugs.com to consumers and marketers,” said David Kopp, Healthline’s EVP and GM, Consumer Media. “Drugs.com attracts close-to-decision, treatment seeking consumers directly from the organic search stream. The survey data shows that the majority of researchers are seeking information on multiple medications and indicates that visitors are open to persuasion, which presents significant opportunity for advertisers that can deliver brand, product and educational messages at this critical juncture.”
- Survey results found 89% said that they trust the information on Drugs.com.
- 95% said the information on Drugs.com is very helpful.
- 91% would recommend Drugs.com to colleagues, friends and family members.
- 59.3% of treatment information seekers are researching 2 or more medications.
- 45.9% of researchers expect to ask the medical professional to change or switch the prescription from the one that is currently being taken.
- 50.5% of researchers are regular visitors to Drugs.com (6 or more visits a year).
- 38.2% of users conduct all of their treatment research on Drugs.com.
- 83.6% of visitors are likely to consult Drugs.com before their next visit with a medical professional.
- 90% of visitors to the site with a prescription say they’re “likely” to fill it and nearly 70% expect to fill the prescription in a week.
“We focus every day on putting our audience at the center of everything we do. Our goal is to have site visitors view Drugs.com as the most trustworthy drug treatment information publisher, offering outstanding content, convenience and value. This is a great outcome,” said Philip Thornton, CEO of Drugs.com.
*Source: The SurveyMonkey survey was developed by Healthline Networks. Drugs.com implemented the survey. Data includes 993 completes between April and May 2013.
About Healthline Networks
Healthline Networks is the leading provider of intelligent health information services, enabling 100 million consumers a month to make more confident, informed healthcare decisions. The company’s proprietary consumer healthcare taxonomy, the largest of its kind, powers a suite of intelligent health search, content, and advertising services. Combining advanced search technology with deep medical expertise, Healthline partners with a network of more than 31 trusted destination sites that include publishers, portals, search engines, employers, and health plans. Headquartered in San Francisco and named to Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500 in 2010, 2011, and 2012, Healthline is backed by Aetna, Comcast Ventures, GE, Investor Growth Capital, Kaiser Permanente, Reed Elsevier, U.S. News & World Report, and VantagePoint Capital Partners. For more information, visit http://www.healthlinenetworks.net.