"Many organizations believe that moving documents to Cloud repositories is the only way to make documents available to workers using smartphones and tablets,” said AsdeqDocs CEO David Burden.
San Francisco, Calif (PRWEB) June 27, 2013
The AsdeqDocs® next generation enterprise content management solution is now available for iPhone and Android devices, providing military-grade security to workers searching and viewing documents on Android tablets and smartphones.
AsdeqDocs recently introduced its mobile content management solution to the U.S. market, which enables complete and fully secure corporate document management on Apple and, now, Android tablets and smartphones, with a Windows 8 version to be available shortly.
This latest release means AsdeqDocs supports all Apple iOS devices running iOS5 and later, as well as all Android formats running 4.0.3 and above.
AsdeqDocs brings military-grade encryption standards to the distribution and synchronization of sensitive files without the need to move documents into the Cloud’s insecure environment.
Unlike other enterprise content management solutions, AsdeqDocs has been engineered with security and usability at its heart. An on-premise solution that uses an enterprise’s existing infrastructure, document permissions and user credentials, AsdeqDocs offers connectivity to the most widely used document repository systems. AsdeqDocs avoids the need to use risky Cloud-based systems, delivering secure, simple and seamless synchronization of documents between the enterprise, authorized staff and nominated external users.
"Many organizations believe that moving documents to Cloud repositories is the only way to make documents available to workers using smartphones and tablets,” said AsdeqDocs CEO David Burden. “This is inefficient for enterprises – as they not only have to duplicate existing infrastructure and use additional resources to maintain a second system – but it is extremely risky as they also lose control of their IP. With AsdeqDocs, documents are managed in their existing repositories and permissions are maintained, allowing the enterprise to be fully in control when sharing data among internal staff, with customers and/or external partners.
“And with our latest Android and smartphone releases, we now support the most commonly used iOS and Android mobile devices.
“This means Android and Apple users can use AsdeqDocs for greater document sharing flexibility – on any device – while leaving their files safely and securely within the enterprise.”
Among AsdeqDocs’ most attractive features is its ability to securely search all enterprise file repositories for a particular term.
AsdeqDocs will return the search results for all the documents that an individual user has permission to see and allow the user to either preview or download the documents to their device (for a full list of AsdeqDocs for Android’s features and benefits, please see ‘note to editors’).
“To be able to search and instantly retrieve any file within your enterprise libraries via your smartphone or tablet, securely, wherever you are, is a godsend,” Mr Burden added.
“AsdeqDocs works both online and offline, so even when you can’t connect to the Internet you still have access to the documents you’ve saved in the secure container on your device.
“With AsdeqDocs you can be as productive and connected outside the office as within.”
Extensive connectivity to enterprise document repositories is another attribute that strongly differentiates the AsdeqDocs enterprise mobile content management offer from any other.
In the latest release, new document synchronisation channels for Objective and Atlassian Confluence have been added, meaning AsdeqDocs is now compatible with more than 18 industry standard document repository systems.
AsdeqDocs now also enables use of a device’s camera and stored photos. Photos and videos can be added to AsdeqDocs Libraries and instantly shared with colleagues, and also be saved simultaneously to the enterprise’s document repositories.
Note to editors:
AsdeqDocs’ Android version offers a range of features that enhance efficiency and functionality.
Product features include:
- Libraries of selected files and documents are automatically synchronized between the enterprise and the mobile devices, so users always have the latest files
- Mobile workers have full online and offline access to files, and documents are always available
- Powerful search features let users search on the device or the entire enterprise to allow permission-based document discovery
- Organize files and documents with personal workspaces
- Share libraries or documents with coworkers
- Users never have to upload, download or copy files to the Cloud for mobile access
- Original documents remain on the corporate network, with tablets and smartphones synchronizing and encrypting the information
- Document history and geographic location
- Web upload with drag and drop
Benefits for the enterprise include:
- AsdeqDocs’ server lives within the corporate firewall and connects directly to over 18 industry standard document repositories and the existing corporate infrastructure
- Maintains existing enterprise security configuration and document-level security so documents are always available yet completely secure without duplicating file permission administration effort
- Files of any size can be shared easily and securely with customers and business partners, without having to use the Cloud or create a box-type solution
- All document-level permissions are maintained and full access and interaction logs are available
- Uses both AD/LDAP and repository permissions automatically, without requiring separate security configurations
- Secure SSL network connections for data transfer, and AES 256-encrypted containerized data storage on the tablet
- Maintains complete enterprise control over users’ access and ability to read, transfer, email, print and share documents on mobile devices
- Full audit logging of location and every activity undertaken by each mobile user
- Remote wipe of all containerized content at any time
- Easy administration features, including simple set-up, intuitive web interface and full audit capabilities and reports
- Rapid implementation gets workers up and running in less than one day
- Invite external users and control usage
- Push content to devices to ensure that critical enterprise information is always available and up to date
- Powerful features for sharing documents with internal staff and external users such as clients or contractors, while maintaining file security and audit logging
- Policies to control “open-in” and “email”
- Enterprise disaster recovery compliant
- Man-in-the-middle attack prevention
AsdeqDocs is a next generation enterprise mobility content management solution that enables the secure, seamless and automatic synchronization of corporate documents to tablets and smartphones. AsdeqDocs lets users securely access, edit, annotate and synchronize files from more than 18 leading document management solutions on mobile devices, while maintaining document-level security and existing enterprise security and business practices. AsdeqDocs is the flagship product of Asdeq Labs, established in 2011 with a sole mission to deliver on the promise of a mobile workforce, today. More information at http://www.asdeqlabs.com.