support the collection, analysis, and publishing of patient data and related narratives
Toronto, Canada (PRWEB) June 26, 2013
RxISK.org, the first free independent website for researching and reporting prescription drug side effects, has established RxISK Funds in the United States, United Kingdom, and Canada. Each RxISK Fund is used to support global prescription drug safety. Receipts for US tax purposes, UK, or Canadian purposes are issued for donations. These funds have been established within existing charities within these jurisdictions.
RxISK’s CEO, Dr. David Healy, says: “The RxISK Funds support the collection, analysis, and publishing of patient data and related narratives of experiences with medications to promote recovery and make medicines safer for all of us through the integration of the best research data with clinical expertise and patient values.”
Dr. David Healy and his team promote improved mental, physical, and holistic health and to this end have envisioned: “Data-Based Medicine” which is the integration of the best research data with clinical expertise and patient values.
According to Dr. Dee Mangin, RxISK.org’s Chief Medical Officer, "the RxISK Fund will support or provide improved general medication outcomes and patient health by increasing education and awareness for the public through:
- The creation and dissemination of books, publications, and other materials,
- The provision of lectures to professionals, students and the public,
- The offering of expert assessments of new drugs by independent clinicians for licensed and unlicensed indications,
- The analysis of generally patient-reported data relative to medication outcomes,
- The analysis of political, sociological, economic, legal, and regulatory impacts on health,
- The provision of specific educational resources for patients, consumers, and providers of healthcare aimed at alerting them in general to the risks of treatment and risk mitigation strategies,
- Access to instruments to determine the likely success to the public of a treatment program, the impact of treatment drawbacks and the quality of medical care,
- The development of mobile applications for other treatments, outlining the merits or drawbacks of treatments. testing procedures, and of diagnoses for doctors and patients, and
- The development of a web-based tool enabling reporting by patients of medication outcomes."
About Data Based Medicine Americas Ltd.
RxISK.org is owned and operated by Data Based Medicine Americas Ltd. (DBM). DBM’s founders have international reputations in early drug-side-effect detection and risk mitigation, pharmacovigilance, and patient-centered care. Although drug side effects are known to be a leading cause of death and disability, less than 5% of serious drug side effects are reported. DBM’s mission is to capture this missing data directly from patients through RxISK.org’s free drug side effect reporting tool and use this data to help make medicines safer for all of us.
+1 (647) 799-3792