(PRWEB UK) 28 June 2013
The awards, now in their 32nd year, acknowledge the UK’s best site managers, and for Miller Homes to receive this level of recognition is a fantastic achievement, demonstrating that they are one of the top performers in the industry.
Chris Endsor, Chief Executive of Miller Homes, said: “This is another fantastic result for us, particularly in view of the number of our current sites which are either too close to completion or too new to be considered for judging during the period.
“Building homes of the finest quality is our number one priority, and we work very hard to ensure that we are continually raising our standards. To have this hard work recognised yet again is tremendous, and we are extremely proud of all of our winning site managers.
“I am delighted to note that we perform consistently well in these awards, and I am confident that this will continue for years to come.”
Dedicated to recognising and rewarding outstanding site managers, NHBC’s Pride in the Job Awards are the UK house-building industry’s most prestigious honours.
Site managers are judged on a number of criteria including consistency of high standards, leadership, technical expertise, interpretation, health and safety and ‘the X factor’ – something special which sets the site manager apart.
Mike Quinton, Chief Executive of NHBC, said: "Winning a Pride in the Job Award is a major achievement for any site manager. These people are at the top of their game, ensuring that the homes they help create are of the highest standards. Each of our award recipients can be truly proud of this accolade."
Winners of a Quality Award are given the opportunity to compete for a more coveted NHBC Seal of Excellence Award later on in the year.
Notes to editors:
About the NHBC Pride in the Job Awards:
- The 430 winners of the Quality Awards will go through to the next state, when 130 site managers will be selected for a Seal of Excellence Award. Following this, an overall regional winner will be selected and put forward for a Supreme Award, which recognises the overall national winners in the final stage of the competition.
About Miller Homes:
- Miller Homes is part of The Miller Group. Since it was established in 1934, Miller Homes has built more than 100,000 homes across the UK, providing a variety of properties to meet the needs of a wide range of purchasers at all stages of the property ladder.
- Miller Homes operates in eight regions across the UK – Scotland East, Scotland West, North West, Yorkshire, North East, East Midlands, West Midlands and Southern.
- Miller Homes offers a variety of incentives, including government-backed schemes and its own schemes, to assist homebuyers in purchasing a new home.
- In 2013 Miller Homes was awarded five star rating in the National Home Builders Federation New Home Customer Satisfaction Survey and the results of independent research highlighted that 97% of its own customers would recommend Miller Homes to their best friend.
- Further information is available by visiting http://www.millerhomes.co.uk