London, UK (PRWEB UK) 28 June 2013
Sentronex today reveals the near completion of phase 1 of a 4 part refurbishment plan at the Romford Data Centre. Following £250,000 worth of capital investment, 4 out of the 5 of the new air conditioning units are now up and running. The company reports the fifth and final unit install is expected to complete by week 1 of July 2013.
The new air conditioning system uses the latest free-cooling technology and works with Mitsubishi CRAC units to improve energy efficiency. Despite rising power prices, this eco-friendly system is expected to halve energy costs and will bring the Data Centre in line with green standards.
Mark Parnell-Hopkinson, Managing Director of Sentronex, said of the news,
“I am really excited to announce the completion of phase one of a project of significant investment into our Romford Data Centre. The new systems which are being implemented in Romford will enable us to expand our hosting capability whilst simultaneously delivering cutting-edge environmental monitoring, realising operational cost-savings and will allow the business to significantly reduce its carbon footprint.”
With phase 1 almost complete, Sentronex plans to continue with the next stages of the refurbishment immediately. This includes carrying out power and UPS upgrades and enhancing fire prevention systems throughout the Data Centre as well as extending the comms room to increase cabinet capacity and completing scheduled internal redecoration. All refurbishment is expected to complete by Q4 2013.
Notes to Editors:
About Sentronex -
- Sentronex provides London’s financial community with the following: IT support, disaster recovery, IT consultancy, hosting, connectivity and cloud services.
- Sentronex has over 8 years of experience developing bespoke, flexible solutions for financial businesses.
- Sentronex builds and deploys solutions to ensure optimal operational and financial efficiency as well as increase the reliability and security of a financial firm’s IT infrastructure and business critical systems.
- Sentronex fully understands the needs and requirements of those trading in the financial industry: Sentronex imposes strict SLAs to ensure faster problem solving and builds outsourced solutions that are in line with FSA regulation.
- The Sentronex Data Centre is based in Romford, Essex and is a popular secondary location for London-based financial houses looking to for reliable, robust and FCA compliant Disaster Recovery and Hosting solutions.
For further information or comment, please contact Rhian Robinson.