According to the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Association, flash flooding is the number one cause of deaths associated with thunderstorms.
Austin, TX (PRWEB) June 27, 2013
According to the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Association, flash flooding is the number one cause of deaths associated with thunderstorms. These types of disasters bring about more than 140 fatalities each year. This scary statistic hits close to home with residents of Texas, who recently experienced extreme flash flooding. However, the agents at BIG Insurance Group want to ensure safety for all with a refreshing perspective on insurance and protection.
Flooding can occur due to many different instances. For example, streams and rivers can overflow their banks, dams can break, or heavy rain fall can intensify the disaster, causing a flash flood. Such a dangerous incident is important to prepare for not only at home, but if driving on the roads. BIG Insurance Group is offering motorists some flash flood driving tips to keep safe, dry, and alive:
- A flash flood can strike in a matter of minutes due to severe thunderstorms. This is why preparation is so crucial to avoid accidents and injuries.
- Avoid driving during a flash flood, unless it is absolutely necessary.
- If car stalls while driving, abandon it immediately.
- If water is running across a road, drivers should turn around and choose a different, dry route.
- If water is rising around the vehicle, all passengers should get out immediately and go to higher ground.
- Just one foot of rushing water can float almost any vehicle.
- If the water rises higher than the bottom of the door, do not open it. Try rolling down the window to get out.
- Have a flashlight handy if it is nighttime and the streetlights go out.
- Avoid touching live wires on car while exiting.
- After escaping, call 911 immediately for help.
BIG Insurance Group believes that these tips can help keep motorists safe if they must travel during a flash flood. However, it is advised to remain in a safe location during such a disaster. The agents are committed to protecting residents in all aspects of their life, including at their home, their health, and their cars. With reliable auto insurance, the community may find peace of mind, even in the wake of a storm. For more information about this policy and others, contact the friendly agency today at 877-702-5997!
About BIG Insurance Group:
The agents at BIG Insurance Group have been protecting and prospering their clients since 1996. They offer coverage to both their personal and business customers, which always lives up to their name. The team of agents can guide clients through the process with a refreshing perspective on insurance. Few Texas insurance agencies are focused on providing clients with specialized services and professional advice, but at BIG Insurance Group, this can be done all under one roof. Call them today at (877)-702-5997 to see how a long-lasting relationship built on trust is truly valued.