At Jake’s Fireworks we take fireworks safety very seriously.
Pittsburg, Kans. (PRWEB) June 26, 2013
Jake’s Fireworks and Pittsburg Fire Department will hold two fireworks safety training classes at the Jake’s Fireworks at 3002 North Broadway. Training will be focusing on general fireworks safety and to answer questions the community has.
“At Jake’s Fireworks we take fireworks safety very seriously. We want to make sure folks know how to properly shoot fireworks so everyone has a great and safe 4th of July celebration,” Jake Marietta, Jakes Fireworks mentions. “It’s important to us to share what we know about firework safety with the community.”
A government study held in 2011 states that 65% of all firework injuries occur on or around the July 4th holiday, hundreds of people on average go to the emergency room and a small amount of deaths occur related to homemade pyrotechnics.
“Jake’s Fireworks is partnering with the PFD to bring awareness to our department and to educate the public on how to enjoy your 4th of July and keep the family safe,” Chief Mike Simmons, Pittsburg Fire Department.
The following safety tips can be found on jakesfireworks.com and are endorsed by the Consumer Product Safety Commission and the National Council on Fireworks Safety:
- Always read and follow label directions.
- Have an adult present.
- Buy from reliable sellers.
- Use outdoors only.
- Always have water handy (a garden hose and a bucket).
- Never experiment or make your own fireworks.
- Light only one firework at a time.
- Never re-light a “dud” firework (wait 20 minutes, then soak it in a bucket of water).
- Never give fireworks to small children.
- If necessary, store fireworks in a cool, dry place.
- Dispose of fireworks properly by soaking in water, then disposing in trashcan.
- Never throw or point fireworks at other people.
- Never carry fireworks in your pocket.
- Never shoot fireworks in metal or glass containers.
- The shooter should always wear eye protection
- Never have any part of the body over the firework.
- Stay away from illegal explosives.
About Jake’s Fireworks:
Jake’s Fireworks recently opened its new world headquarters in Pittsburg, Kansas, where Grandma Helen Marietta started the company 75 years ago with a fireworks stand on the side of her country store. The new 500,000 square foot, state-of-the-art facility allows Jake’s to carry more inventories and have a central distribution point to serve its many outlets across the Midwest. One of Jake’s proprietary fireworks is Excalibur, the #1 selling artillery shell firework of all time.
For Interviews Contact: Butler Burdine, 504-710-4001