San Francisco, Calif. (PRWEB) June 27, 2013
Viator.com – the leading resource for researching and booking tours and activities worldwide – today announced the addition of shore excursions in 10 new ports of call in Asia, Australia and throughout the South Pacific. The expanded line-up now totaling 120 ports worldwide – available on Viator’s dedicated shore excursion website, http://www.shoreexcursions.viator.com – offers transoceanic cruise passengers the opportunity to discover and book unique on-shore activities on their own without having to rely on their cruise line. With the new ports, in addition to hundreds of cruise itineraries recently added from Celebrity Cruises, Cunard Cruise Line and Disney Cruises, it’s easier than ever for travelers to experience their port cities like an insider.
Viator’s new ports include Ho Chi Minh City, Shanghai and Singapore in Asia and Akaroa, Auckland, Cairns, Dunedin, Picton, Sydney and Wellington in Australia and the South Pacific. Each port has a dedicated landing page, highlighting available shore excursions as well as specific port and destination information including local area maps, suggestions on the best “Things to Do and See,” and “Useful Info” such as local currency, time zone, language and climate. Highlights from each of the new ports include:
- Ho Chi Minh City: Have an experience your shipmates will envy by exploring the city’s best sights with your own private guide.
- Shanghai: Take in the “Paris of the Orient” and the Jade Buddha Temple on a full- or half-day tour; opt for a privately guided trip to the picturesque towns of Suzhou and Zhouzhuang; or explore attractions at leisure on a hop-on, hop-off city tour.
- Singapore: Enjoy a half-day cultural heritage tour; visit the Singapore Zoo; or visit the major sights of the city with an all-encompassing City Pass.
Australia & South Pacific
- Akaroa: Visit the scenic Banks Peninsula and city of Christchurch; tour the Willowbank Wildlife reserve; experience life in rural New Zealand on a traditional sheep farm; or enjoy an adrenaline-charged jet boat adventure.
- Auckland: Dine and sip your way through the “City of Sails” on a food and wine tour, or explore the rainforest and try a zipline adventure for a more active experience.
- Cairns: Treat yourself to a scenic view of the Great Barrier Reef on a helicopter tour or catamaran cruise.
- Dunedin: Visit the historic Olveston House and other city highlights on a double-decker bus tour, or take a trip through spectacular scenery surrounding the Taieri River onboard the Taieri Gorge Railway.
- Picton: Feast on wine and chocolate in the South Island’s renowned Marlborough wine region.
- Sydney: Thrill seekers will enjoy the Sydney Harbour Jet Boat Ride, the Sydney Bridge Climb, or a high-flying Helicopter Tour or Seaplane Tour.
- Wellington: Connoisseurs can explore wine country while lovers of the outdoors can discover the beautiful Kapiti Coast and the Nga Manu Wildlife Sanctuary.
Viator’s shore excursions are run by the best local tour operators and are hand-picked to ensure value, quality and service. Additionally, Viator’s “Worry-Free Guarantee” provides travelers with the added peace of mind that they will return to port well in advance of their ship’s departure. In the rare circumstances where passengers miss their departure, Viator will provide transportation to the ship’s next port-of-call.
Help us get the word out about Viator’s shore excursions! Viator has been nominated by Cruise International – the United Kingdom’s leading cruise magazine – in the category “Best Cruise Product or Service” in their annual Cruise Awards 2013. Voting is now open through August 16, 2013, at http://cruise-international.com/awards.
In addition to the dedicated shore excursions website, cruise passengers can find more information on Viator’s new shore excursions blog. Travelers can also access shore excursions on Viator.com, the Viator Tours and Activities App for iPhone and Viator’s mobile site. Visit the Viator Travel Blog for more inspiration or follow the company on Facebook and Twitter for the latest deals, promotions, contests and Viator news.
Viator is the world’s leading resource to discover and book travel activities, providing online and mobile access to more than 15,000 curated trip activities including tours, attractions, shore excursions and private guides, in more than 1,000 destinations worldwide. In-house travel experts work with trusted local operators to ensure the quality and value of every experience, all backed by Viator’s 24/7 customer service and global low-price guarantee. With more than 350,000 verified reviews plus exclusive videos and insider travel tips, Viator has everything a traveler needs to find and book the best things to do worldwide. In addition to the flagship site -- Viator.com – travelers can book in advance or in-destination via the Viator Tours and Activities App for iPhone, iPad, iPod touch and Android, the Viator Shore Excursions website as well as local-language sites for European, Latin American and Asian travelers. Viator also provides tours and activities to more than 2,500 affiliate partners including some of the world’s top airlines, hotels and online travel agencies. Founded in 1995, Viator is a privately held company headquartered in San Francisco with regional offices in Sydney, London and Las Vegas. Viator – travel with an insider.