Waterloo, Ontario (PRWEB) June 28, 2013
Building on a commitment to assist thousands of customers, in the world’s top law enforcement, military, government and corporate security organizations, recover data from a broad range of Internet-related communications, Magnet Forensics has launched a new edition of its industry-leading forensic software, INTERNET EVIDENCE FINDER™ ADVANCED (IEF Advanced) v6.1. IEF Advanced extends the powerful evidence search and recovery capabilities of IEF to iOS and Android powered smartphones, tablets and mobile devices. With IEF Advanced, digital forensic investigators can find more Internet evidence in less time. IEF Advanced recovers mobile Internet evidence that can’t be recovered with other mobile forensic tools.
In addition to these new mobile forensic capabilities, IEF Advanced also includes all the computer forensic features included in IEF Standard. IEF Advanced adds the capability to recover 125+ mobile Internet artifacts to IEF Standard’s existing capability to recover 230+ computer Internet artifacts, bringing the total number of IEF supported artifacts to 355+. With support for iOS, Android, Windows and Mac file systems, IEF Advanced is ideal for digital forensic investigators working on cases that involve both computers and mobile devices.
IEF Advanced - New Features
Automated Recovery of Mobile Internet Evidence - IEF Advanced carves & parses for mobile Internet artifacts from file system dumps or physical images acquired using industry standard tools like Cellebrite’s UFED or Micro Systemation’s XRY. IEF Advanced extends Magnet Forensics proprietary carving techniques to mobile operating systems to enable the recovery of more deleted application data from unallocated space than can’t be found with existing mobile forensic tools.
Recovery of Data from Native Smartphone and Tablet Applications:
- SMS - recovers message, date/timestamp, sender and read status.
- Email – recovers summary, recipient, sent status, html body
- Voicemail - recovers audio clips
- Browsers - Safari and Chrome – recovers browser history, cache and bookmarks with webpage rebuilding
- Mapping - Apple Maps and Google Maps – recovers map image tiles and for Google maps also recovers search locations
- Pictures – recovers JPEG, PNG, Bitmaps, Graphics Interchange Format (.gif), Icons, and Tagged Image File Format (.tif, .tiff).
- Notes- ( iOs only) recovers the text notes as well as voice notes including the audio file
- Phone – (call logs) recovers phone number, duration, date/timestamp
Recovery of Data from Popular 3rd Party Mobile Apps
- Chat Apps – Whats App, Kik Messenger, Snapchat, Gtalk, Skype
- Social Networking – Facebook, Instagram, Foursquare, Twitter
- Cloud – Dropbox
Supported Mobile OS Versions
IEF Advanced –New Benefits
Save Time - IEF Advanced automates the recovery of mobile Internet evidence from native and 3rd party application data on iOS and Android powered smartphones, tablets and mobile devices, reducing time consuming manual carving and parsing work for digital forensic examiners.
Respond Faster - Quickly identify important evidence on smartphones and tablets to provide preliminary insights to key stakeholders and focus the rest of your investigative work.
Integrated Analysis of Mobile and Computer Evidence - IEF Advanced consolidates reporting for all computers and mobile devices related to investigations into a single case file.
IEF Software Mainstays
With every release of Internet Evidence Finder customers can expect:
- Powerful Search Capabilities: Single search for hundreds of Internet artifacts
- Find Evidence Quickly: Get immediate search results, work with recovered data right away
- Simple to Use: Get to key evidence in 3 easy steps
- Comprehensive Reporting: Create standardized and straightforward reports
- Built-in Intelligence: Web Page Rebuilding and more
IEF Advanced Extends the Capabilities of Existing Forensic Software Tools
IEF Advanced delivers automated evidence search and recovery capabilities that parse and carve for Internet artifacts from within images acquired with industry standard forensic tools;
- Mobile Device Forensics - IEF Advanced supports physical images or file system dumps of iOS & Android powered mobile devices, acquired with popular mobile forensic tools like Cellebrite’s UFED or Micro Systemation’s XRY.
- Computer Forensics - IEF Advanced supports images from a range of popular forensic tools like EnCase®, and FTK®.
For digital forensic examiners who already use these industry standard tools, IEF Advanced offers additional evidence recovery and reporting capabilities allowing you to recover and analyze more Internet evidence in less time.
About Magnet Forensics
Magnet Forensics is a global leader in the development of forensic software that recovers data from a broad range of Internet-related communications. Magnet Forensics' flagship product INTERNET EVIDENCE FINDER™ (IEF) was created by a former police officer and forensic examiner who recognized the need for an easy to use, comprehensive tool to help perform digital investigations. Since its creation, IEF has quickly become a trusted solution for thousands of the world’s top law enforcement, government, military and corporate organizations – used to recover Internet evidence like social media communications, webmail, browser activity (and more) to support their most important investigations.
Scott Williams, +1-519-503-7967