Because the ESIGN Act is a technology-neutral law, it has allowed the widespread adoption of e-signatures as a legal, secure and trusted technology, enabling the industry to flourish...
Montreal, Quebec, Canada (PRWEB) June 28, 2013
Watch out world, the ESIGN Act has hit 13! In that time, the e-signature industry has seen many firsts in technology, standards and real world implementations. E-signatures has become an essential part of an organization’s digital enterprise strategy, transforming their way to becoming paperless. Because the ESIGN Act is a technology-neutral law, it has allowed the widespread adoption of e-signatures as a legal, secure and trusted technology, enabling the industry to flourish and create e-signature options for every sized organization within every price range. For this anniversary, Silanis, the leader in electronic signature solutions with over 600 million documents processed annually, has outlined some of the significant achievements in e-signature history.
- Top innovations in the technology – These have included a number of firsts led by Silanis, including e-signatures for Microsoft Office, e-signatures for Adobe PDF, zero-client e-sign, any premise deployments for e-signatures, transaction management and offline e-signing.
- E-signatures for every industry – The technology is fast becoming a requisite and not simply a competitive necessity as all industries embrace it for business processes. However, the financial services and insurance industries have led the pack because of their often high value, highly regulated and high volume transactions and the strong customer demand for mobility and improved customer experience.
- Customer-facing processes lead – From opening an account, to purchasing auto, home or life insurance, to completing an auto, mortgage, student or small business loan in a branch or online, to electronic contracting of agreements and the onboarding of a new employee and annual review, e-signatures can be found in just about every customer-facing process to significantly improve the customer and employee experience.
- Analysts are taking notice – With recent reports from independent research firms Forrester, Novarica, Celent and OMBUD, and guidelines from associations like the Electronic Signature & Records Association (ESRA) and the Association for Cooperative Operations Research and Development (ACORD), it has been established that e-signatures are a foundational technology.
- E-signatures for every sized organization – From a small financial services organization like Signature Mortgage to a giant like US Bank, e-signatures are successfully being used by organizations of any size to improve efficiencies, cost savings and customer experience.
For those that haven’t yet given e-signatures a try, Silanis offers a free trial at https://www.silanis.com/e-signlive-sign-up?utm_campaign=NR_ESIGN&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=NR.
Silanis is the most widely used e-signature solution in the world, responsible for processing more than 600 million documents annually. Founded in 1992, Silanis’ solutions e-Sign Enterprise and e-SignLive enable thousands of organizations, including four of the top 10 North American banks, eight of the top 15 insurance companies and the entire US Army to accelerate business transactions, improve customer experience and reduce costs while improving compliance with legal and regulatory requirements. Silanis provides the most flexible deployment options with its on-premise, cloud and SaaS e-signature solutions, eliminating manual, paper-based processing and enabling e-commerce and e-government transactions to be electronically executed from start to finish.