Piscataway, New Jersey (PRWEB) June 30, 2013
Aequor Technologies, a global IT solutions and consulting company serving businesses of all sizes across a broad spectrum of industries and sectors, today announced that the company has undergone a Service Organization Control 3 (SOC3) examination resulting in a CPA’s report stating that management of Aequor Technologies maintained effective controls over the Security, Availability, Processing Integrity and Confidentiality of trust service engagements.
A SOC 3 report is designed to meet the needs of existing or potential customers who need assurance about the effectiveness of controls at a service organization that are relevant to the security, availability, or processing integrity of the system used by the service organization to process customers’ information, or the confidentiality or privacy of that information.
"We are pleased that our SOC 3SM report has shown that we have the appropriate controls in place to mitigate risks related to trust services,” said Aequor’s CEO, Manmeet Virdi. “We live and work in a digital environment where information is transparent and universally available to virtually anyone at anytime. That’s why it is vitally important to protect our current and prospective clients’ e-commerce systems and other supporting IT systems and platforms.”
The following principles and related criteria have been developed by the American Institute of CPAs (AICPA) and the Canadian Institute of Chartered Accountants (CICA) for use by practitioners in the performance of trust services engagements:
- Security. The system is protected against unauthorized access (both physical and logical).
- Availability. The system is available for operation and use as committed or agreed.
- Processing integrity. System processing is complete, accurate, timely and authorized.
- Confidentiality. Information designated as confidential is protected as committed or agreed.
- Privacy. Personal information is collected, used, retained, disclosed and destroyed in conformity with the commitments in the entity’s privacy notice and with criteria set forth in generally accepted privacy principles issued by the AICPA and CICA.
A SOC 3SM report is an internal control report on the services provided by a service organization to its customers and provides valuable information that existing and potential customers of the service organization need to assess and address the risks associated with an outsourced service.
About Aequor Technologies, Inc.
Aequor Technologies is a global IT Consulting and Solutions Company headquartered in Piscataway, New Jersey. The company provides cutting-edge customized IT solutions with personalized service. Aequor has the SEI CMMi Level 3 certification that endorses its process, capabilities and systems. Aequor has established a strong presence in USA, Canada, Middle East and has High-Tech Global Remote Development Centers in India.
For further information contact:
Name: Jeff Vincent