"Forward-thinking retailers improve shareholder value through sophisticated e-commerce, strong email marketing and CRM, and innovative mobile efforts."
New York, NY (PRWEB) July 10, 2013
Today, L2 released its inaugural Digital IQ Index®: Department Stores, the first report to benchmark the digital performance of the world's top department stores. Among the 40 stores included in the study, Nordstrom emerged as the top-ranked brand, followed by Macy's, Saks, and Marks & Spencer, all of which earned 'Genius' titles. With the sector facing another decade of structural decline, top stores like these are fighting on all digital fronts against the specialty retailers, discounters, and e-tailers that increasingly eat away at their market share. Authored by Scott Galloway, L2 Founder and NYU Stern Clinical Professor of Marketing, this inaugural Digital IQ Index®: Department Stores report provides a comprehensive look at how retailers in the sector are using digital to drive sales off- and online.
"Successful Department Stores are investing in digital infrastructure to bolster their in-store offerings. These forward-thinking retailers improve shareholder value through sophisticated e-commerce, strong email marketing and CRM, and innovative mobile efforts."
–Scott Galloway, Author, 2013 Digital IQ Index®: Department Stores
To download an excerpt of the new report, use the link below:
- Eighty-five percent of the department stores included in the report are e-commerce enabled, yet just 58 percent have mobile-optimized sites.
- Email marketing accounts for 6 percent of department stores’ upstream referral traffic—three times that generated by all social media platforms combined.
- Net-A-Porter’s Pinterest pages drive 2.7 percent of its site traffic.
- Canadian retailers send the most marketing emails (6.45 per week), followed by American retailers (5.62 per week) and U.K. retailers (2.38 per week).
- Bergdorf Goodman, Saks Fifth Avenue, Barneys New York, and Bloomingdale's all have larger communities on Google+ than on Facebook.
- Haul videos continue to be popular, especially those that feature apparel purchases, though few brands are purchasing ads to link back to their e-commerce sites.
L2 is a think tank for digital innovation that helps prestige brands navigate the digital marketing landscape through education, research, and advisory services. The L2 Digital IQ Index® is the global, seminal benchmark for digital performance of brands and the largest and most robust study of its kind. Rankings are published annually across numerous industries, including: Luxury, Beauty, Retail, Travel, Spirits, Auto, and consumer packaged goods. For more information, visit: http://www.l2thinktank.com.