Norwood, MA (PRWEB) August 08, 2013
Today BioPharm Insight™ published exclusive 2Q13 M&A and Licensing Activity reports. BioPharm Insight – which is part of Infinata, a Financial Times Group company – is a leading provider of business intelligence solutions which also include BioPharm Clinical™, High Net Worth Insight™ and wealthmonitor™.
Licensing Activity Report - 2Q13 Highlights
Licensing activity picked up in 2Q13 compared to 1Q13. The total volume and disclosed value of licensing agreements involving pharmaceutical products rose in 2Q13. The quarter saw 121 agreements with an aggregate disclosed value of USD 7,696m, an increase of 55% in value and 15% in volume from 1Q13, in which 105 agreements worth USD 3,437m were announced. The agreement between GlaxoSmithKline and Elan involving the drug Octreolin was the largest deal in 2Q13, potentially valued at USD 1,000m.
M&A Advisor League Tables - 2Q13 Highlights
Skadden Arps Slate Meagher & Flom leads by value and volume in the 2Q13 Global & North American biotech and pharma markets.
- Skadden Arps Slate Meagher & Flom advised on six Biotech/Pharma M&A transactions valued at USD 29,598m in 2Q13, five of which involved North American companies. A&L Goodbody takes the top positions in the European value and volume tables with five deals valued at USD 17,558m.
- In the Asia-Pacific region, Kirkland & Ellis topped the value table with one transaction worth USD 431m, while Sidley Austin led the volume table having advised on two deals valued at USD 143m.
Matheson tops the TTM 2Q13 Global and North American value tables
- Matheson topped the trailing 12 months (TTM) Global and North American value table with three deals priced at USD 70,632m, while Latham & Watkins took the top position in the volume tables from the same regions.
- A&L Goodbody led the value table in Europe having advised on seven deals worth USD 20,950m. For the second consecutive quarter, Jones Day topped the European volume table with 10 transactions valued at USD 940m.
- Finally, with five deals woth USD 2,011m, Skadden Arps Slate Meagher & Flom took the top positions in the Asia-Pacific value and volume tables.
JPMorgan tops the Global value table in 2Q13
- JPMorgan beat Goldman Sachs to the top position in the 2Q13 Global & North American M&A value tables, while Bank of America Merrill Lynch topped the Global & North American volume tables. In Europe, Goldman Sachs led the value and volume tables last quarter with two deals worth USD 8,741m.
- With one deal priced at USD 431m, Optima Capital took the top positions in the Asia-Pacific value table, while Quam Capital, having advised on two transactions worth USD 143m, led the volume table from the same region.
JPMorgan dominates the Global and North American value tables in TTM 2Q13
- JPMorgan topped the TTM Global M&A league tables ranked by value, having advised on 12 transactions valued at USD 97,057m. JPMorgan led the North American value table with 11 deals worth USD 97,012m.
- Deutsche Bank topped by value in Europe with four transactions valued USD 10,137m, while Rothschild took the top position in the volume table in the same region with six deals valued at USD 1,993m. Morgan Stanley and Nomura Holdings took the lead in Asia-Pacific value and volume tables, respectively.
About BioPharm Insight
BioPharm Insight is the definitive guide to the global biopharma community. BioPharm Insight provides subscribers with an information edge by combining the most comprehensive real-time database of companies, drugs, contacts, M&A and licensing deals, forecasts and clinical trial data with proprietary forward-looking intelligence uncovered by an independent team of investigative journalists months or even years before it breaks in mainstream media. To learn more, visit http://www.biopharminsight.com/. Follow BioPharm Insight on LinkedIn and Twitter.
About Infinata, Inc.
Infinata provides personalized technology solutions to turn information into insight. Services include a comprehensive BioPharm Solutions Suite, unique Wealth Prospecting tools and innovative Custom Data Services. Infinata is a part of Mergermarket, a Financial Times Group company and a division of Pearson plc. To learn more, visit http://www.infinata.com/.
Business Inquiries: Holly Burke, hburke(at)infinata(dot)com, 781-619-0131
Media Inquiries: Brenda Nashawaty, Brenda(at)nashawaty(dot)com, 617-688-3253