Culinary and Celebrity Favorites Turn to ai3, Inc. to Design, Define Atlanta Dining
ai3 to Design Area’s Most Anticipated Restaurants in 2013-2014
Atlanta, GA (PRWEB) August 13, 2013
Atlanta’s expanse of acclaimed restaurants and entertainment venues is exploding, with several additions scheduled for opening in the next six to 12 months. Design studio ai3, Inc. has been selected to design many of the most anticipated additions including:
Chicken-n-Beer: Scheduled to open in Hartsfield Jackson International Airport, Concourse D later this year, Chicken-n-Beer is entrepreneurial artist Ludacris’s newest and highly anticipated venture. More details on the design and opening date coming soon.
- Common Quarter: As the third collaboration between ai3 and the team behind Muss & Turner’s, Eleanor's and Local Three, Common Quarter will open in Marietta in the Woodlawn Square shopping center off Johnsons Ferry Road in summer 2013. The design incorporates the personality and stories of partner Chris Talley, with a focus on the coastal South and the back roads he often drove to get there.
- The Pig & The Pearl: The culinary superstar team of Chefs Todd Richards, Cindy Shera and Todd Martin will open The Pig & The Pearl in the former Geisha House space in Atlantic Station. As an authentic smokehouse and raw bar with an approachable, social atmosphere, the restaurant will feature an inverted patio, views into the kitchen and an active bar/lounge scene. The design will be rooted in an industrial, rustic aesthetic playing the light airiness of the coast against the charred woods of smokehouses and including a 40-foot long ceiling-hung cage filled with oyster shells. Opening is scheduled for fall 2013.
- Stem Wine Bar: Chef Doug Turbush is expanding on the success of Seed Kitchen & Bar with Stem Wine Bar. Located adjacent to Seed, Stem will feature a European-inspired seasonal small plates menu emphasizing creative food and wine pairings. Sommelier Jason Raymond will teach wine classes and lead the wine program offering over 40 boutique wines by the glass from around the globe. The design provides a warm and cozy bar with a much darker finish palette than the neighboring Seed. Colors are inspired by the deep, rich tones of red wine. Opening late July 2013.
- Castellucci Hospitality Group: Following its collaboration with CHG on Cafe at Double Zero (scheduled to open this summer), ai3 will design the team’s newest restaurant located at the corner of Howell Mill and 14th Street in West Midtown. The yet-to-be-named concept will bring something unique to the Atlanta dining scene that embodies the brand established by CHG. The design will include a Pintxo Bar – but with a fresh, modern perspective. The restaurant will open in early 2014.
- Atlanta’s Newest Entertainment Venue: Although details are still under wraps, ai3 continues to extend its foray into entertainment venue design. Backed by several of Atlanta’s favorite musicians, the new dining and performance space promises to transport guests to a play-land paradise. Expect more details on the who and where some time this fall and an opening in early to mid-2014.
“There is a frenetic and creative energy in Atlanta’s dining scene, and it’s not just in the food. It’s in the vision behind the experiences being created. You couldn’t replicate it anywhere else in the world right now,” said ai3 partner and co-founder Lucy Aiken-Johnson, ASID.
To follow the progress of these restaurants, visit ai3’s design blog at http://ai3inc.blogspot.com/ or follow ai3 at @ai3inc. For more information about ai3’s design services, go to http://www.ai3online.com.
About ai3, Inc.
ai3’s multi-disciplinary design services reveal the stories that give meaning and value to design. Through the exchange of ideas and thoughtful client dialogue, ai3 creates energetic, compelling designs across a wide spectrum of industries and geographies. To learn more about ai3’s architecture, interior and product design services, please visit http://www.ai3online.com.