Houston, TX (PRWEB) August 14, 2013
The power of Google’s Nexus 7 and the innovative software created by the team at MainStreet America (MSA) have come together to bring about a first-of-its-kind consumer experience.
MainStreet America is a year-round home demonstration park. Positioned as a true ground-breaking concept in shopping for new homes and related services, MainStreet America is the only venue of its kind to also offer dining, retail, entertainment and educational opportunities to its visitors.
This innovative shopping venue can best be described as an inspiring world of discover. MainStreet America will redefine how people shop for home products and services.
The Google Nexus 7 plays a vital role in the consumer’s overall experience at MainStreet America. After extensively researching tablet-based platforms, the creator of MainStreet America, Mike Feigin, chose to run the Park’s proprietary software on the Google Nexus 7 in order to deliver the many value-added services available to Park visitors. The Park currently deploys approximately 850 Nexus 7 devices in support of its 7-day a week operation.
Using the Near Field Communications (NFC) technology built into the Google Nexus 7 tablet, visitors to MainStreet America are able to scan RFID tags and obtain instant information on home products and services while touring the Park’s 12 fully-furnished demonstration homes. Running MainStreet America’s unique proprietary software program on the Nexus 7 platform results in the ability to deliver the following consumer and business-related experiences:
1. Product Education – visitors to the Park learn about the latest in home products and services through text audio and video presentations while touring the demonstration homes.
2. Remodeling Project Organization – products scanned using the Google Nexus 7 tablet can be saved to a Wish List for reference later on the visitor’s home computer or mobile device.
3. Furniture Purchasing – the furniture and accessories on display in each of the 12 unique in-home furniture galleries can be purchased using MainStreet America’s proprietary e-commerce program operating on the Nexus 7 device … a furniture industry first.
4. Home & Remodeling Sales Support – sales consultants for MSA-based companies, Design Tech Homes and MSA Remodeling, utilize the Google Nexus 7 to give sales presentations and to capture buyer home and product preferences.
5. Audio Tours – the audio component in the Google Nexus 7 enhances the visitor’s overall Park experience by giving them the ability to learn about the homes and home products through the medium of sound.
6. Advertising & Promotions – MainStreet America is able to “push” advertising and promotional messages through the Google Nexus 7 device to Park visitors during their tour of homes.
7. Consumer Buying Behavior Tracking – as visitors move through their tour of homes, data on product preferences can be monitored, aggregated and eventually shared with product manufacturers.
MainStreet America, together with innovative technology from Google, will undoubtedly be a major influence in the marketplace. For more information about MainStreet America, please visit http://www.mainstreetamerica.com.