“It truly is a wonderful honor and distinction as it was selected from among more than 10,000 festivals in the country.” - Howard Alan, Howard Alan Events Festival Promoter
Delray Beach, Florida (PRWEB) August 21, 2013
Festival promoter Howard Alan Events and the Delray Beach Downtown Development Authority are thrilled to announce that the Downtown Delray Beach Festival of the Arts, has been ranked the 65th top art fair in the United States by Sunshine Artist, the nation’s leading publication for art and craft shows.
“This is a wildly popular event,” says festival promoter Howard Alan. “It truly is a wonderful honor and distinction as it was selected from among more than 10,000 festivals in the country.”
“It is the city’s signature art event, popular for the wide variety of art on display,” says Marjorie Ferrer of the Delray Beach Downtown Development Authority. “It appeals to locals and tourists alike who look forward to seeing their favorite artists return each year and eager to explore the work of new and emerging talent.”
This outdoor gallery style exhibit is the largest art affair in South Florida, spanning one mile of Atlantic Avenue in Downtown Delray Beach, starting at US1 and continuing east over the Intracoastal Waterway all the way to A1A and the Atlantic Ocean. The festival features 300 of the finest artists in the country from more than 30 states. The exhibitors are juried by an independent panel of expert judges and hand-selected from hundreds of applicants based on quality and diversity. All artists are on site for the duration of the festival, available to discuss their work and inspiration. The artwork on display and for sale is original and handmade in America.
The show will celebrate its 25th Anniversary this year and has been slated for January 18 – 19, 2014.
Festival Information At - A -Glance:
- 25th Anniversary Downtown Delray Beach Festival of the Arts
- January 18 - 19, 2014 - Saturday & Sunday, 10 am – 5 pm
- Location: Atlantic Avenue in Downtown Delray Beach (US-I across the Intercoastal Bridge to AIA)
- Navigational address: 1111 East Atlantic Avenue, Delray Beach, FL 33483
- Free and open to the public
- Juried gallery style outdoor art showcase
- Consistently ranked among top 100 fine art shows in the country by Sunshine Artist magazine
- Largest art affair in South Florida spanning one mile of Atlantic Avenue in Downtown Delray Beach
- Original Art - Handmade in America
- 300 artists from 30 different states
- Prices set to suit all budgets - ranging from as little as $25 to $30,000
- Artists hand-selected by independent panel of expert judges from hundreds of applicants
- All artists on site for duration of festival
- Vast array of artistic media including paintings, sculptures, photography, ceramics, glass, wood, handmade jewelry, collage, mixed media
- A portion of the proceeds benefits the Delray Beach Downtown Development Authority.
- Website: http://www.artfestival.com
- Contact Information: info(at)artfestival(dot)com or 561-746-6615
About Howard Alan Events, Ltd.:
Howard Alan Events, a Florida-based company, develops and presents art and craft shows throughout the country. For the past 25 years, Howard Alan Events has produced some of the nation’s finest juried art shows, including more than 40 venues each year such as the Downtown Aspen Art Festival (Aspen, CO), Beaver Creek Art Festival (Beaver Creek, CO), Chicago Tribune North Michigan Avenue Art Festival (Chicago, IL), and the Las Olas Art Fairs, (Fort Lauderdale, FL). Several shows are ranked in the top 100 art fairs in the country by Sunshine Artist magazine.
For additional information on the 25th Anniversary Downtown Delray Beach Festival of the Arts and other Howard Alan Events art and craft shows across the country, visit http://www.artfestival.com or call 561-746-6615.
About the Downtown Development Authority:
For the past 41 years, the Downtown Development Authority has assisted in successfully branding Delray Beach as the Village by the Sea. The Delray Beach DDA was created by Resolution 9-71, which became law on March 22, 1971, as a dependent district of the City of Delray Beach. The DDA Mission is to enhance and stimulate balanced economic growth through position marketing activities that engage Downtown businesses, residents and visitors while creating a clean, safe, physical and experiential place to live, work and invest. The DDA has created a powerful website http://www.downtowndelraybeach.com and facebook.com/delraydda site that attracts thousands of visits weekly.
Contact: Laura Simon, Downtown Development Authority
85 SE 4th Ave, # 108 - Delray Beach, Fl 33483
# # #
· Festival promoter Howard Alan and various artists are available for advance interviews.
· Photos of art festivals, participating artists and their work are available by contacting AnaBelle Ramos at anabelle(at)artfestival(dot)com or 954-592-8500.