Vohra certified wound care physicians provide weekly wound rounds and bedside consultations aimed at reducing wound related complications.
Quincy, MA (PRWEB) August 31, 2013
Chronic diseases that compromise skin integrity such as diabetes and peripheral vascular disease are increasingly common among seniors. Welch Healthcare and Retirement Group and Vohra Wound Physicians (VWP), the premier wound care physician group that provides expert wound and skin care throughout the United States, have recently partnered to provide specialized wound care services in Welch Group rehabilitation and skilled nursing centers in Massachusetts.
Experts stress that as people age skin tends to become thinner and loses some of the moisture and tissue support that once made it strong. For individuals additionally impacted by chronic illness or seeking short-term rehabilitation following a hospital stay, these conditions require specialized wound care to prevent the formation of new wounds or to heal and prevent complications of existing wounds. At Welch Group rehabilitation and skilled nursing centers Vohra certified wound care physicians provide weekly wound rounds and bedside consultations to develop custom-tailored care plans aimed at reducing wound related complications and the need for unnecessary hospitalizations.
Specialized wound care services available include:
- Comprehensive wound assessments, right at the bedside
- Treatment regimes tailored to the unique need of each patient
- Integration of nutritional and rehabilitative strategies to support wound healing
- Collaboration with nursing facilities clinical team members
- Patient and family education on self-care and prevention of infection
Vohra Wound Physicians are available at the following Welch Healthcare and Retirement Group centers:
- Bay Path Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, Duxbury, MA
- Brighton House Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, Brighton, MA
- Colonial Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, Weymouth, MA
- Hancock Park Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, Quincy, MA
- Harbor House Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, Hingham, MA
- John Scott House Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, Braintree, MA
- West Acres Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, Brockton, MA *
*Managed by Welch Healthcare and Retirement Group
For more than 60 years, Massachusetts based Welch Healthcare and Retirement Group, with communities, located in Braintree, Brighton, Duxbury, Hingham, Marshfield, Quincy and Weymouth, has been providing continuum of care services to seniors and their families who may need housing or care options, including independent living, assisted living, short-term rehabilitation and long-term care, Alzheimer’s care, adult day health or home care services. To learn more visit: http://www.welchhrg.com