Pittsburgh, PA (PRWEB) September 10, 2013
MyWay Mobile Storage was pleased to sponsor the annual Pittsburgh Irish Festival. The Pittsburgh Irish Festival returned to the Riverplex at Sandcastle in West Homstead, PA for the 23rd annual 3-day celebration of “half way to St. Patrick’s Day.” Created in 1991, this event has become one of the nation's finest Irish-American festivals—the most comprehensive exhibit of Irish music, lore, food, and dance in the region. Held the weekend after Labor Day, September 6, 7, and 8, the Pittsburgh Irish Festival puts an emphasis on presenting the premier performers in all facets of Irish music and dance to Western Pennsylvania audiences.
MyWay Mobile Storage provided several SafeBox units needed to store items at Riverplex for the event. MyWay Storage franchise owner, Ed Sickmund, said, “Events like this are what makes Pittsburgh such a great city. We celebrate our ethnic diversity and cultural traditions.” Sickmund continued, “Friday is college night, student tickets are just $5 with a student ID from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. MyWay was happy to sponsor the Pittsburgh Irish Festival’s college night.”
Activities and events included:
- The Irish Extreme: competitive and non-competitive activities, Irish cornhole, video games.
- Genealogy Pavilion: Discover your family tree
- Irish Dogs: Meet the breed’s native to Ireland
- IR na nOg (CHILDREN'S AREA/IRISH ARTS AND CRAFTS): Take home a hand-made souvenir, enjoy an Irish story, sing-a-long and even dance an Irish jig
- Blarney BINGO: Daubers, good luck charms, it’s Irish BINGO
- Hedge School: Learn about Ireland’s geography, history, and music. Outreach participants demonstrate their unique skills passed along from generation to generation and display their creative work. You can even make a piece of Irish art to take home at the continuous demonstration and craft area.
- History of Irish rock music: Exhibit on the development of rock in Ireland
- Beverage tastings: Advance tickets are required for all tastings
- Bastard Bearded Irishmen
- Screaming Orphans
- Gaelic Storm
- Tom Sweeney
- Evans & Doherty
- Makem and Spain Bros.
- Corned Beef and Curry
- Seven Deadly Sons
- Carbon Leaf
- Highland Dancing - Sarah Jean Thompson
- Hooley and Ceili Dancing with Liz Shovlin
- Ballet Academy of Pittsburgh
- Pittsburgh Irish Reelers
- Pittsburgh Police Pipes and Drums
- Red Hand Paddy
… and many, many more
About MyWay Mobile Storage:
MyWay Mobile Storage is the leading provider of moving and storage solutions and located in a spacious 27,500 square foot facility in West Mifflin, PA to better service their customers in the metropolitan Pittsburgh area. They provide quick and easy do it yourself moving containers that can be delivered right to your door and stored in their climate controlled, secure storage facilities. To learn more, call 888-336-9929 to speak with a Moving & Storage Consultant.