It’s great to have the national preservation organization and dedicated local and national groups bringing resources and expertise to the effort to save the Astrodome.
(PRWEB) September 11, 2013
The New Dome PAC will be holding a news conference announcing the new strategic plan for the historic dome, dubbed “The 8th Wonder of the World.” (Media should enter at McNee and park in Red Lot 4.)
- Thursday, September 12, 2013
- 2:00 p.m.
- 2nd Floor of Reliant Center – Reliant Park (in front of the 600 Series rooms)
“It’s great to have the national preservation organization and dedicated local and national groups bringing resources and expertise to the effort to save the Astrodome,” said Jon Lindsay, former Harris County Judge and State Senator, and Co-Chair of The New Dome PAC Campaign. “This coalition has the ability to reach important constituencies that will help revitalize the Dome, making it the world stage again.”
Over the next few weeks, the New Dome PAC will be rolling out a broad list of supporters, informational meetings, and a comprehensive media campaign.
- Hon. Jon Lindsay
- Hon. Robert Eckels
- Irma Diaz Gonzalez
- Hon. Ed Emmett, Harris County Judge
- Hon. El Franco Lee, Harris County Commissioner
- Dene Hofheinz, daughter of County Judge and Mayor Roy Hofheinz
- Beth Wiedower, National Trust for Historic Preservation
- Stephanie Anne Jones, Preservation Houston