"SymmetryWEB offers end users the flexibility to manage card holders, visitors and alarms remotely while still maintaining tight security for their buildings, employees and assets," said AMAG Technology, Product Manager, Steve Amos.
Torrance, CA (PRWEB) September 17, 2013
AMAG Technology, an access control, IP video and intrusion detection (IDS) solution provider, announces the addition of alarm management and increased support for access rights and codes in SymmetryWEB. SymmetryWEB is client software that allows an unlimited number of users to remotely access a Symmetry Security Management System via a web interface to manage security.
"It’s a natural progression to move AMAG’s Symmetry Security Management System (SMS) to a web client to more easily manage a facility’s security," said AMAG Technology, Product Manager, Steve Amos. "SymmetryWEB offers end users the flexibility to manage card holders, visitors and alarms remotely while still maintaining tight security for their buildings, employees and assets."
The SymmetryWEB now allows users to manage alarms. Security personnel can view, verify and manage action and response on alarms, providing enhanced security from off site locations.
The SymmetryWEB client interface is designed to enable remote card holder and credential management for the Symmetry SMS. Security and building personnel can set up new card holders and assign detailed access rights for readers and doors to them. An intuitive, user friendly interface displays the applications, card holders and devices available to the user according to their privileges. The navigation is simple and easy to follow, enabling users to view a complete profile of card holder information, including all card holder options, access assignments and personal information.
The SymmetryWEB client also supports Symmetry Visitor Management. Security personnel or authorized users can quickly and efficiently register and manage visitors. This convenient feature simplifies the visitor registration process and allows authorized users to pre-register guests at a moment’s notice from their computer or mobile device.
SymmetryWEB provides many benefits:
- No need to install software on local PC.
- No requirement for a separate dedicated web server to operate.
- Authorized users can access SymmetryWEB from anywhere with web connection to Symmetry server.
- Card holder updates are easily and instantly made without the need for a centralized administrator.
- Operates on a variety of platforms including Internet Explorer, FireFox, Google Chrome and Safari. It also operates on an iPad.
- Convenient concurrent user licensing.
Key features include:
- Instant access to Symmetry SMS from a web enabled device.
- Available for Symmetry Professional and Enterprise, including Homeland Security Edition.
- Extended support for multiple access codes.
- View complex access rights held within Symmetry SMS.
- Visitor pre-enrollment.
- Visitor registration and management.
- Card holder registration and management.
- Granular user permissions with complete partitioning of card holder information and access rights.
- Compatible with many desktop and mobile devices and web browsers.
For more information on SymmetryWEB or the Symmetry Product Portfolio visit http://www.amag.com or call 310-518-2380.