Not only is Katie a talented actress, but she also takes time from her busy schedule to help fund-raise and to visit sick children for the Lollipop Theater, a group that helps bring first-run films, music and arts and crafts to hospital-bound children.
Hollywood (PRWEB) September 20, 2013
Jill Milan®, a provider of designer Italian handbags, today announced actress Katie Lowes carried the luxury brand’s Art Deco Clutch to an Emmy party hosted by The Hollywood Reporter in West Hollywood on Sept. 19. Ms. Lowes stars in the ABC drama “Scandal,” which was nominated in two categories for the 65th Emmy Awards.
“We are so pleased Katie chose to carry Jill Milan’s Art Deco clutch,” said Jill Fraser, founder of Jill Milan. “Katie is such an inspiring young woman – not only is she a talented actress, but she also takes time from her busy schedule to help fund-raise and to visit sick children for the Lollipop Theater, a group that helps bring first-run films, music and arts and crafts to hospital-bound children.”
Ms. Fraser was inspired to found Jill Milan when she was unable to find high-quality, luxury handbags that were not made of leather or other animal-based materials. She is a supporter of animal welfare initiatives, and as a former equestrian particularly supports charities that benefit horses.
Jill Milan handbags are made entirely in Italy, by Italian artisans using Italian materials. Features include hand stitching and metalwork handmade by craftsmen who create jewelry for Europe’s leading luxury brands. All Jill Milan products are free of animal-based materials such as leather, fur and wool.
Celebrities who have carried Jill Milan on the red carpet include two of February’s Academy Award recipients. Anne Hathaway carried Jill Milan to premieres for her films “Les Miserables” and “The Dark Knight Rises.” Jennifer Lawrence carried Jill Milan to events leading up to January’s Golden Globe Awards. Other celebrities who have carried Jill Milan handbags for red-carpet appearances:
- Actress Kerry Washington carried Jill Milan’s Holland Park clutch for Berlin and London premieres of her film “Django Unchained.”
- Eva Longoria has carried Jill Milan handbags on several occasions, including to January’s presidential inauguration, and she was one of the earliest Hollywood celebrities to carry Jill Milan when she carried the Art Deco Clutch to the “Desperate Housewives” wrap party last year.
- Singer Carrie Underwood carried the Jill Milan Holland Park Clutch to the CMT Artists of the Year awards and attended the American Music Awards carrying the 450 Sutter Clutch.
- Actress Rachel Nichols carried the 450 Sutter to the premiere of her movie “Alex Cross.”
- Isla Fisher, who appeared in "The Great Gatsby," carried the Jill Milan Art Deco Clutch to the New York premiere of her film "Rise of the Guardians.”
- Actress Stana Katic of television’s “Castle” carried Jill Milan to the “Game of Thrones” premiere and to the 2013 Film Independent Spirit Awards in February.
- Actress Fiona Gubelmann of television’s “Wilfred” carried Jill Milan as a presenter at the Genesis Awards as well as to numerous premieres.
- Countess Michelle Czernin von Chudenitz is seen frequently in red carpet appearances carrying Jill Milan evening clutches.
- Actress Kristanna Loken, whose films include “Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines” and who has appeared on television’s “Burn Notice” and “The L Word,” carried Jill Milan to the 2013 FilmBall in Vienna, Austria.
Jill Milan handbags have drawn increased attention from influential fashion media. Bag Snob covered the Art Deco Clutch in a recent feature, and online entertainment, fashion, and lifestyle news magazine Entertainista named the SoHo Carryall one of the publication's “Must Have” handbags. W Magazine has featured the Holland Park Clutch, the Art Deco Clutch and the 450 Sutter Clutch in multiple issues. The Zoe Report recognized the Newbury Street Portfolio for its ability “to go from the office to cocktail hour.” Wedding media publisher The Knot featured the Art Deco Clutch as part of a striking ensemble in a recent weddings magazine. Influential fashion blog Wendy’s Lookbook featured photos of fashion writer Wendy Nguyen carrying the Art Deco Clutch on her trip to Florence, Italy.
About Jill Milan
Jill Milan is a provider of luxury Italian handbags and fashion accessories. Made of exquisite materials, Jill Milan products are crafted in Italy by artisans who have created handbags and accessories for some of Europe’s best known fashion houses. All Jill Milan products are free of animal-derived materials, and the company contributes to animal-welfare organizations. Jill Milan is the only luxury handbag line entirely free of animal-derived materials which regularly appears on Hollywood’s red carpets. Visit Jill Milan on the Web and follow Jill Milan on Facebook.
Jill Milan and the Jill Milan logo are registered trademarks of Jill Milan LLC, and are protected by trademark laws of the United States and other countries. Emmy is a trademark of the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences and the National Academy of Television Arts & Sciences. Academy Award is a registered trademark of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences. All other product and company names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies.