Especially for new parents, keeping your baby safe may seem overwhelming. However, just following basic safety tips such as these from JJ Insurance can really go a long way in protecting children and families.
Denver, CO (PRWEB) September 24, 2013
September is known as National Baby Safety Month in the U.S. In order to spread the word and promote safer routines when it comes to taking care of children, JJ Insurance agency decided to release some baby safety tips to local Colorado residents. Both first time parents and even experienced parents can benefit from these useful facts and bits of advice as they try as hard as possible to maintain their baby’s health and safety.
- Parents with smart phones should try out the Baby MedBasics App, which acts as a how-to reference guide for a variety of medical and health situations for babies. This app is extremely informative, but is also set up in an easy-to-use and understand format to help parents out in emergency or other safety related incidents.
- When choosing teething aids and toys, make sure that the products are BPA-, PVC-, and Lead-free. Also, it’s best to choose toys that are made of only one solid piece, rather than several pieces put together that may fall off and cause a choking hazard.
- Follow all manufacturer guidelines when it comes to choosing the right car seat and installing it properly. Car seat requirements change as the baby grows, so make sure to be aware of these various stages and follow the rules appropriately.
- Never place a baby carrier on top of a counter, table, or other high object, since the baby could possible wiggle enough to tip the carrier off of the surface.
- Make sure that all outdoor yard equipment such as trimmers, mowers, etc is moved out of reach before any child goes out to play.
Especially for new parents, keeping your baby safe may seem overwhelming. However, just following basic safety tips such as these from JJ Insurance can really go a long way in protecting children and families. Some of these tips could also help prevent home insurance claims, should a visiting child or baby become injured due to the environment in a home.
Although September is National Baby Safety Month, JJ Insurance believes that safety should always be a priority, and hopes these pieces of advice can help parents and caretakers across Colorado and the U.S. In order to protect one’s family even further, JJ Insurance can help by finding or customizing the right insurance plans to protect homes, cars, and more.
About JJ Insurance:
JJ Insurance has been offering top quality insurance solutions to Colorado residents for over 25 years. The agency’s main goal is to treat every single customer with individual care and respect in order to provide the right insurance for each unique customer. With this level of service, JJ Insurance treats clients and prospects like family, not like a number. JJ Insurance offers many personal and commercial insurance policy options, so customers can benefit from meeting multiple insurance needs in one place. The agency also is dedicated to helping clients work through the healthcare reform, and making the process as smooth as possible.