FL Studio - The fastest way from your brain to your speakers
(PRWEB) April 25, 2013
NOTABLE NEW FEATURES
- Performance mode – Trigger Playlist Clips live using a mouse, touch screen, typing keyboard or MIDI controller. Supports APC20/40, Launchpad, Lemur, Block, Maschine/Mikro, padKONTROL, Traktor Kontrol (and more).
- Multi-touch support - FL Studio, including some plugins, now respond to Multi-touch with Microsoft gesture functions supported.
- Playlist - 199 Playlist tracks, increased from 99.
- Linking includes MIDI input port - Links now remember the MIDI input port used to avoid conflict between controllers.
- Playlist & Piano roll – Horizontal & vertical movement locking. Shift is horizontal lock & Ctrl is vertical lock when dragging items.
- Piano roll - Glue notes, Mouse wheel velocity, Monophonic step entry mode & Chop chords tool.
- Right-click data entry - Most controls now allow a Right-click option to type in values.
- Plugin Picker - Right-click to open a plugin and its presets in the Browser. Start typing plugin names to highlight entries.
- Mixer - Page Up/Down keyboard keys cycle through the current mixer track's plugin windows.
- Options - Play truncated notes in clips restores notes overlapping slice points in Pattern Clips. Click and hold functions. GUI animation level now selectable from sober to entertaining.
- BassDrum – Deep Kick-Bass percussion synthesizer with sample layering. BassDrum was developed due to strong and loud customer demand for punchy kicks with a big bottom end. Image-Line's solution was to take a hybrid synthesis/sample route to provide unlimited customization for the perfect kick sound.
- GMS (Groove Machine Synth) - Multi-timbral hybrid synthesizer & FX channel lifted from Groove Machine. Another plugin borne of popular demand from those using Groove Machine but not needing its sequencing features in FL Studio.
- Effector - 12 performance oriented effects: Distortion, Lo-Fi bit reduction, Flanging, Phasing, Filter (low/high pass), Delay, Reverb, Stereo panning & binaural effect, Gating, Granulizer, Vocal formant and Ring modulation effects. Effector was introduced to compliment Performance Mode and perfect for use with touch-displays & controllers.
- Patcher – Introduced with FL Studio 10 to provide a means of saving and recalling commonly used effects and plugin chains Patcher has been overhauled with animated connections and a fresh interface. Most important are two new, of many more to come, Voice Effects (VFX) as follows:
- VFX Key Mapper – Allows note inputs, live or from the Piano roll, to be transposed, key-changed, chorded or creatively remapped.
- VFX Color Mapper – Leverages FL Studio’s 16 Piano roll note colors that have traditionally mapped to MIDI channels. Now inside Patcher note colors can control 16 independent generators/instruments or groups of generators.
- FL Flowstone - Flowstone is the successor to the original Synthmaker program. Now including the Ruby high level programming language. Not only can you still create Synths, Effects but also control external hardware with support for USB devices, I/O cards, Wi-Fi, webcams and audio hardware. Connected to the right robot, FL Studio is the first DAW in the world that can now make you a coffee!
- Newtone 2 – Has been completely re-written with a new analysis and pitch engine for more accuracy, while also brushing up the workflow. Shortcuts & mouse actions now harmonize with FL Studio’s Piano roll and Playlist, where possible. Most exciting are the new Vibrato and Warp editors. The Vibrato editor allows users to create vibrato effects from scratch with controls including start/end amount and frequency. The editor even detects existing vibrato and displays this value so users can match the singers natural tendency, if desired. The Warp editor is designed to work with mono or polyphonic material and is perfect for slicing and re-timing/quantizing drum-loops, vocal performances and is great for sound-design experimentation. Importantly, Newtone 2 is a free update for existing customers.
- Harmor – Rising star of the Electro and Dubstep scene,voted in the top 10 plugins of 2013 by MusicRadar readers, now supports Komplexer WT wavetables & 'Map audio regions to keys' for sampler like functionality and auto-dump to score for Slicex like drum handling. The preset count continues to rise too as patches keep flooding in from the thriving user base.
- ZGameEditor Visualizer – Based on the free open source ZGameEditor 2D & 3D video game engine ZGE Visualizer can create real-time or rendered HD video effects in automated or automatic sync with FL Studio projects to support live performances or YouTube videos. Under FL Studio 11 the plugin receives a slew of new shadier modules for stunning HD video effects.
- DirectWave - The native version now has a multi-timbral mode so users can load and play more than one patch from note colors in the Piano roll. There is also a new live 16 point sinc-interpolation mode for lower CPU usage when using DirectWave in multi-timbral mode and improved memory management for lower overheads.
WHAT CAN FL STUDIO 11 DO?
- Audio editing and manipulation including pitch correction, pitch shifting, harmonization, time-stretching, beat-detection & slicing, audio warping and standard audio manipulation (cut/paste etc).
- Automate most interface and all plugin parameters by recording, drawing, spline-based automation curves, automation generators with formula based control of links.
- Be hosted in other DAWs as a VST or connected through ReWire.
- Live music performance including video effect visualization.
- Mix and remix audio including apply real-time audio effects including delay, reverb & filtering.
- Multi-track audio recording up to the limit of your audio-interface inputs.
- Record & play MIDI input recording from keyboards, drum pads and controllers.
- Sequencing and arranging with pattern and linear workflow possible.
- Synthesizer & effect plugin hosting VST 32 & 64 bit, DX and FL Native formats.
LIFETIME FREE UPDATES
There may be no such thing as a ‘free lunch’ but there certainly is ‘Lifetime Free Updates’ with Image Line’s update policy. No need to pay for bug-fixes again – All customers who purchase FL Studio 11 receive Lifetime Free Updates by download. Free updates entitles the customer to all future updates of FL Studio at level purchased (Express, Fruity, Producer or Signature Bundle). For example, all FL Studio 10 customers will be able to update to a fully functioning version of FL Studio 11, 12, etc, for free.
All FL Studio demo versions are fully featured, giving customers access to features associated with the highest level of the program (Producer Edition). Compose new songs and export them to WAV, MP3 or OGG. The only limitation is that projects saved in demo mode will only open fully once FL Studio and plugins have been registered. This gives you the ability to save recover your original projects post-purchase.
ABOUT IMAGE-LINE SOFTWARE
Established in 1994, Image Line Software provides high quality music applications to the computer-based music community and is well known for its leading digital audio workstation FL Studio (formerly FruityLoops), FL Studio Mobile for Android and iOS. High quality synthesizers including Autogun, DirectWave, Drumaxx, Groove Machine, Harmless, Harmor, Morphine, Ogun, Poizone, Sakura, Sawer, Slicex, Sytrus and Toxic Biohazard. Innovative effect plugins including Gross Beat, Hardcore, Maximus, PitCher & Vocodex. And finally, a wide range of sample libraries used in their multi-sampler plugins DirectWave and Soundfont Player. Image-Line also produces the acclaimed DJ mixing software application Deckadance. In addition to its audio software, Image Line Software develops and distributes the web site building application, EZGenerator.
For more information, please contact:
Scott Fisher, Communications Manager
Image Line Software