Substitute 1099 Form Specifications Updated for 2012, W2Mate.com Helps Filers Comply
Real Business Solutions, makers of W2 Mate software, is helping 1099 filers comply with new substitute form 1099 specifications including 1099-MISC, 1099-INT, 1099-DIV, 1099-R, 1099-S, 1098-T, 1098, 1099-A, 1099-B, 1099-C, 1099-K, 1099-PATR and 1099-OID.
Chicago, IL (PRWEB) January 22, 2013
The Internal Revenue Service has issued new substitute form specifications for 2012 Forms 1099 (Publication 1179, General Rules and Specifications for Substitute Forms 1096, 1098, 1099, 5498, W-2G, 1042-S, and 8935). W2 Mate software by Real Business Solutions is helping US businesses and 1099 service providers comply with the new specifications and meet 2012 1099 filing deadline. Risk-free trial of W2 Mate is available from http://www.W2Mate.com/ .
Some of the new changes Publication 1179 include:
The title of form 1099-K is now Payment Card and Third Party Network Transactions.
- Three new boxes for reporting state income tax withholdings have been added to form 1099-OID; Box 8 (State), Box 9 (State Identification Number), and Box 10 (State Income Tax Withheld).
- Three new boxes for reporting state income tax withholdings have been added to form 1099-INT; Box 11 (State), Box 12 (State Identification Number), and Box 13 (State Income Tax Withheld).
- New boxes 10 and 11 have been added for exempt-interest dividends from a mutual fund or other regulated investment company are now reported on Form 1099–DIV. Three new boxes for reporting state income tax withholdings have been also been added to the form.
- The titles for boxes 1,2, and 6 on Form 1099-C have changed.
- Three new boxes for reporting state income tax have been added to form 1099-B; box 13 (State), box 14 (State Identification Number), and Box 15 (State Income Tax Withheld). Other boxes on the form have been moved or renumbered.
- The title and dollar sign ($) have been removed from box 4 on Form 1098.
A free demo of the 2012 W2 1099 software can be downloaded from http://www.W2Mate.com/ . Customers can purchase the software and receive it instantly.
W2 Mate Software Highlights:
- Prepares unlimited number of 2012 W2 and 1099 forms for multiple employers and payers.
- Prints 2012 1099 recipient copies on regular white paper.
- Unlimited 2012 1099 E filing using IRS FIRE System (No per form fees and No data transmission charges).Unlimited 2012 W2 electronic filing submissions using the EFW2 format.
- Creates 2012 employee W2's as PDF and recipient (vendor) 1099's as PDF.
- SSA approved to print W2 & W3 forms on regular white paper, which eliminates the need for expensive forms.
- Imports data from Intuit QuickBooks (QuickBooks Pro, QuickBooks Enterprise, and QuickBooks Premier), Microsoft Dynamics (GP or SL), Sage Peachtree, Sage DacEasy or CSV/ Excel.
- Efficient and intuitive manual W2 / 1099 data entry.
- Supports 1099MISC, 1099K, 1099INT, 1099DIV, 1099R, W2, W3, 1096, 1099S, 1098T, 1098, 1099A, 1099B, 1099C, 1099PATR, 1099OID.
- Automatically calculates Social Security and Medicare taxes. For paper filers 1096 and W3 are automatically generated.
- Supports Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, Windows 2000 or Windows 98.
- Roll-over of payer and recipient information from year to year.
- Password protection and data validation.
- Generates printing labels, form totals and recipient lists.
- Prompt, courteous and reliable U.S.-based support through phone, chat or e-mail.
- Network ready with affordable pricing for multiple seats.
- Exports W2s and 1099s to excel.
- Includes 1099 and 1098 filing instructions.
- TIN matching and verification including reports for missing TINs and TIN matching errors.
- Supports truncating social security numbers on returns.
- Supports foreign recipient address for 1099 forms (such as Canadian).
- Includes deadlines for 1099 mailing ( 1099 filing due dates).
- Complete 1099 electronic filing software for accountants, CPAs and small business.
A free trial of W2 Mate 2012 can be downloaded from http://www.W2Mate.com/.