(PRWEB) February 27, 2013
Fasoo, Inc., a leading enterprise digital rights management provider, today unveiled DigitalQuick, its new cloud security solution currently available in beta. DigitalQuick is ideal for users seeking consistent digital protection of their most sensitive desktop files or folders while still sharing those assets via the cloud and storage providers such as Dropbox. Attendees at RSA Conference 2013 are invited to visit the company at booth #2241 to view a demonstration of DigitalQuick and sign up to participate in the product beta.
From tax documents to medical records, legal filings to payroll accounts, DigitalQuick supplies users with the necessary peace of mind that their most sensitive assets are being viewed and/or edited only by those they deem appropriate. Though use of cloud storage has made file sharing considerably easier, all data stored and shared via the cloud is at risk for leaks and security attacks. For businesses and consumers seeking to consistently protect and share files or folders over the cloud, DigitalQuick is the only software that lets users encrypt and share files, enabling assigned recipients to access and work within those files without requiring decryption.
DigitalQuick uses a one-click, drag-and-drop interface that enables seamless, consistent protection and synchronization of data within a Dropbox account or to any desktop files or folders. While other solutions may meet basic security/encryption standards, only DigitalQuick enables users to collaborate on their own terms, granting access, edit and print capabilities to each specific document and folder throughout the document lifecycle. DigitalQuick not only prevents non-authorized users from accessing a document, it is the only solution that can enforce limited and customizable control, even to those with authorization.
DigitalQuick’s online management functionality also enables users to clearly monitor their data’s activities and determine who accessed files, when and over what device. Users can instantly change permissions, grant new folder ownership or disable DigitalQuick encryption, as needed.
Core features of DigitalQuick include:
- Consistent Protection: To ensure that sensitive assets remain protected at every step of the document lifecycle, DigitalQuick enables users to set each file or folder with permissions or restrictions, either read-only or edit mode; the latter of which allows recipients to print or decrypt files, as necessary, but does not require decryption.
- Dropbox or Desktop: DigitalQuick security can be applied directly to a Dropbox folder or to any desktop files and/or folders on a user’s desktop.
- Clear Visibility and Management: DigitalQuick monitors user activities, tracks when and on which devices users log-in and ensures files are only accessible by intended recipients.
- High Encryption Standards: DigitalQuick secures files with AES 256-bit encryption, a high security encryption standard adopted by the U.S. government, and complies with FIPS 140-2 standards, which is the U.S. government computer security standard used to accredit cryptographic modules.
- Mobile Capabilities: With support for Windows, iPhone, iPad and Android devices, DigitalQuick makes it easy to securely share and monitor files from everywhere.
“Cloud storage has forever changed the way in which businesses, professionals and consumers share and store data, from documents to photos to music, and well beyond,” said Dr. Kyugon Cho, Fasoo founder and CEO. “Still, the vulnerability of the cloud to intrusion has kept many users from uploading their most sensitive materials and forced them to rely on expensive and complicated private networks. We created DigitalQuick to provide users with the confidence that anyone can sync and share data over the cloud.”
DigitalQuick is currently free to download and use during its initial trial offering.
Incorporated in June 2000, Fasoo set a landmark in the DRM industry with the first commercial DRM services in 2000 and enterprise DRM solutions in 2001. Fasoo has successfully retained its leadership in the EDRM market by deploying EDRM solutions to more than 1,100 organizations at the enterprise-wide level with more than 2 million users securing their confidential files through Fasoo’s DRM applications, including SAMSUNG, HITACHI and POSCO, among others. Fasoo DRM is distributed through global reseller channels that include Brite Computers, Hitachi Information Systems and Hitachi Solutions, Ricoh USA, Toshiba America Business Solutions. From Digital Rights Management (DRM) to programming analysis, Fasoo provides innovative technology while continuing to provide solutions for the constantly changing IT world. Fasoo is a global company with U.S. headquarters in Sunnyvale, CA.