Have an emergency escape plan ready and don't hesitate to act on it.
Waco, TX (PRWEB) April 25, 2013
As longtime residents of the Midwest can attest, flooding in the United States is one of the most common and hazardous natural disasters that can hit a community. While residents along the Mississippi River prepare for floodwaters to continue rising, Rainbow International offers a preparation and survival checklist to utilize when flooding occurs.
1. Pay close attention to local television and radio news stations for National Weather Service updates.
2. Have an evacuation plan and kit ready. Evacuation kits should contain such items as a flashlight, medications, first aid kit, emergency contact information, food and water, clothing and rain gear, a camera for taking pictures of damage, copies of important documents and paperwork, a battery-powered radio, and cell phone chargers.
3. If the need to evacuate arises, head for higher ground. If floodwaters are in the path, turn around and find another way.
4. Be very cautious when it’s dark outside. This makes it harder to see floodwaters directly in the escape route.
5. Standard homeowners insurance does not cover flooding. Contact your local insurance agent and request information on flood insurance.
“The most important thing is to keep yourself and your family safe,” states Rainbow International President Rob White. “Have an emergency escape plan ready and don’t hesitate to act on it.”
For information on Rainbow International and tips on preparing for and dealing with a flood, contact your local Rainbow International.
About Rainbow International®:
Established in 1980, Rainbow International is a global franchise organization providing residential and commercial restoration and cleaning services. Recognized by Entrepreneur magazine among its “Franchise 500,” Rainbow International franchisees offer a broad range of damage restoration services (ranging from water, smoke and fire damage to carpet and upholstery cleaning and deodorization) to more than 330 locations worldwide. The new Rapid Structural Drying Network of Rainbow International has established a network of elite water loss mitigation franchises across the United States. Rainbow International is a subsidiary of The Dwyer Group, Inc. For further information or to find the location nearest you, visit http://www.rainbowinternational.com.