We're extremely excited about all five of these finalists. They each have the potential to make a significant impact in the Nashville region and beyond.
Nashville, TN (PRWEB) March 13, 2013
Ten Fast Feet, a digital marketing agency, has announced its five finalists for its inaugural “Leg Up” initiative for the Nashville-area startup community.
The initiative will award one company with up to $20,000 worth of user interface and experience design, along with business logic and development planning.
The finalists represent a wide range of industries, from gaming to music, apparel and health care.
“We’re extremely excited about all five of these finalists,” said Nathan Maggard, chief executive officer and co-founder of Ten Fast Feet. “They each have the potential to make a significant impact in the Nashville region and beyond. We’re looking forward to working with one of these five companies.”
The finalists, in random order, are:
- Tip Jar, submitted by William Mulligan, is a mobile app which will allows fan and patrons to tip bands and live acts from their smartphones.
- Geek Out, submitted by Nat Webb, is a proposed café and event space geared toward gamers and geeks, featuring board games, video games and a flexible space for concerts, lectures and other events.
- Transparent Health, submitted by Whit Ryan, is a website that would allow consumers to search for estimated prices for anything from medications to surgical procedures.
- Separate Six, Inc., submitted by Jackie Elliott, is a company that designs and sells children’s clothing that is appropriate for children with special needs.
- GameWisp, submitted by Michael Anderson, is a cloud-based syncing and sharing system for user-generated PC game content.
Videos submitted by each of the five finalists are now posted on the Ten Fast Feet website at http://tenfastfeet.com/leg-up.
The winner of the “Leg Up” initiative will be chosen through Twitter voting, using a specified pre-written tweet available on the same web page with the finalists’ videos. Voting will open at 11 a.m. Wednesday, March 13, and will continue through 11:59 p.m. March 27.
At the conclusion of the open voting, the winning company will be notified privately before a public announcement in early April.
For more information on the initiative and the five finalists, visit the “Leg Up” information page at http://tenfastfeet.com/leg-up.
About Ten Fast Feet:
Ten Fast Feet is an interactive marketing agency, focusing on digital design, development and strategy. Located in downtown Nashville, Tenn., Ten Fast Feet specializes in solving business problems with technology-centric solutions. It serves the start-up/entrepreneur, small- to mid-sized business and non-profit communities by providing experienced insight to help improve strategy, content and delivery through all communications channels to reach, engage and convert users.