"vRating provides customers a new evidence-based way of looking at the effectiveness of their video and unified communications environment" - Alfredo Ramirez, President and CEO of Vyopta
Austin, Texas (PRWEB) May 21, 2013
Vyopta Incorporated, the leading developer of business intelligence and process automation applications for video collaboration, today announced the vRating™ unified communications scoring system. The innovative vRating index evaluates key performance metrics related to quality, adoption and reliability, enabling organizations to have an immediate, aggregated indicator of the performance of their communications environment.
As part of the Vyopta vAnalytics™ application, the vRating™ delivers high level analysis and detailed drill through views into call quality, adoption trends, systems reliability and usage, for both internal and external calls. The vRating data provides information technology organizations valuable insight into quality of experience, capacity planning and value contribution from investment in endpoints and infrastructure systems.
“vRating provides customers a new evidence-based way of looking at the effectiveness of their video and unified communications environment,” commented Alfredo Ramirez, President and CEO of Vyopta. “Much like a FICO score which evaluates your credit risk, vRating is another way Vyopta is enabling organizations to understand and optimize their strategic investment in video and unified collaboration.”
The index presents a score in the range from 0 to 800. A higher score indicates that the video and unified communications environment is performing in a way to support the enterprise’s current call demand and patterns. The vRating index is calculated using individual key performance indicators from vAnalytics, to deliver an aggregated view of:
- Quality: Call data rates and actual bandwidth used; Resolution used in calls; Packet loss during calls
- Reliability: Call success rates; Infrastructure capacity to support: internal and external call volumes, point-to-point and multipoint call types, call bandwidths/resolutions, call meeting participants size
- Adoption: Use of hardware and software endpoints; Use of virtual meeting rooms on bridge; Internal and external call volumes
By using the vRating™ index and individual key performance indicators, organizations can now identify areas for improvement to create a high performance collaboration environment for improved business productivity:
- Re-allocation of endpoints and software codec accounts to maximize use of video assets
- Asset maintenance to maximize life of systems
- User training to accelerate adoption and use
- MCU port capacity to support peak concurrent ad hoc and scheduled meetings and participants
- Gatekeeper call capacity to support peak concurrent calls
- Firewall traversal call capacity to support peak concurrent B2B calls
- Network capacity to support peak concurrent calls
vRating™ is now available in Vyopta’s vAnalytics 2.0. To find out the vRating for your video and unified communications environment, please register to perform a free evaluation of vAnalytics at http://www.vyopta.com by clicking on the “Try Now” button.
About Vyopta Incorporated
Vyopta is the leading developer of business intelligence and process automation applications for video collaboration, enabling operations intelligence, customer service and content publishing automation that unleash the power of interactive video communications. Vyopta enables companies to do more with video – revolutionizing the way they sell, service, communicate and innovate. The Vyopta family of products includes vAnalytics™, vAccess™, vPublish™, vSchedule™ and vControl®. For more information on Vyopta, visit http://www.vyopta.com.
Vyopta and vControl are registered trademarks of Vyopta Incorporated, and the trademarks of the Vyopta family of products are trademarks of Vyopta Incorporated. All other trademarks referenced herein are the property of their respective owners. Specifications subject to change without notice.