Alexandria, VA (PRWEB) October 01, 2013
The American Society for Training & Development (ASTD) honored 28 organizations from Canada, India, Taiwan, Turkey, and the United States as winners in the 2013 ASTD BEST Awards competition. Cognizant Technology Solutions, from Teaneck, New Jersey, won the first place ranking. The companies were recognized during a ceremony held at the Omni Shoreham Hotel in Washington, D.C.
“These 28 companies excel in creating innovative, vibrant learning cultures that clearly align with strategic business goals,” says Tony Bingham, ASTD President and CEO. “They get it. The leadership of these organizations values the impact learning and development achieves, and knows that having a knowledgeable and skilled workforce drives success.”
The ASTD BEST Awards is the training industry’s most rigorous and coveted recognition. The program recognizes organizations that demonstrate enterprise-wide success through employee learning and development.
The 2013 ASTD BEST Award winners shared their best practices at the Learn from the BEST conference preceding the ceremony and are recognized in a special section of the October issue of T+D, ASTD’s flagship magazine.
Through an online application, ASTD received entries from 70 organizations in nine countries. These organizations submitted quantitative and qualitative information to ASTD about their learning and development practices and programs. Their applications were assessed in a rigorous blind review by members of the BEST Awards advisory committee, a group of experts in the learning and development field.
The 2013 ASTD BEST Award winners and rankings:
1. Cognizant Technology Solutions, Teaneck, New Jersey
2. BB&T Winston-Salem, North Carolina
3. Savvis, A CenturyLink Company, Town and Country, Missouri
4. Nemours, Jacksonville, Florida
5. DenizBank, Istanbul, Turkey
6. Hilton Worldwide, McLean, Virginia
7. Mindtree Limited , Bangalore, India
8. Migros Ticaret A.Ş., Istanbul, Turkey
9. Cerner Corporation, Kansas City, Missouri
10. Quanta Computer Inc., Taoyuan County, Taiwan
11. BMO Financial Group, Toronto, Canada
12. UPS, Atlanta, Georgia
13. Ryan, LLC, Dallas, Texas
14. Nuance Communications, Inc., Burlington, Massachusetts
15. Cigna Corporation, Bloomfield, Connecticut
16. TELUS, Burnaby, BC, Canada
17. PPD, Wilmington, North Carolina
18. Health Care Service Corporation, Chicago, Illinois
19. OptumRx, Irvine, California
20. TATA Consultancy Services Ltd, Mumbai, India
21. ESL Federal Credit Union, Rochester, New York
22. USAA, San Antonio, Texas
23. University Health System, San Antonio, Texas
24. Valvoline Instant Oil Change, Lexington, Kentucky
25. Infosys LTD, Bangalore, India
26. Clarkston Consulting, Durham, North Carolina
27. SunTrust Banks, Inc., Atlanta, Georgia
28. Zaxby’s Franchising, Inc., Athens, Georgia
In addition, 13 companies on this list have been ASTD BEST Award winners for three years or more. They are: BB&T, Cerner Corporation, Cigna Corporation, Clarkston Consulting, ESL Federal Credit Union, Infosys LTD, Nemours, OptumRx, Ryan LLC, TATA Consultancy Services Ltd, TELUS, University Health System, and UPS.
More information about the 2013 ASTD BEST Award winners may be found in the October 2013 issue of T+D magazine. Details about the 2014 program will be available in January 2014.
ASTD thanks Accenture, Gold Sponsor of the 2013 ASTD BEST Awards, as well as Silver Sponsors EBSCO, getAbstract, GP Strategies, Ryan LLC, and Skillsoft.
ASTD (American Society for Training & Development) is the world’s largest professional association dedicated to the training and development field. In more than 100 countries, ASTD’s members work in organizations of all sizes, in the private and public sectors, as independent consultants, and as suppliers. Members connect locally in 120 U.S. chapters and with 20 international partners. ASTD started in 1943 and in recent years has widened the profession’s focus to align learning and performance to organizational results, and is a sought-after voice on critical public policy issues. For more information, visit http://www.astd.org.