Achieving a comprehensive 360 degree view of the customer has never been more challenging, and yet, necessary given the sophistication of today's multichannel consumer.”--Leslie Ament, SVP Hypatia Research
Boston, MA (PRWEB) June 11, 2013
Industry analyst and market research firm Hypatia Research Group announces the availability of a new primary research study entitled “Realizing the Downstream Benefits of Effective Customer Data Management”. This forty-page study with fifteen figures provides end-user organizations with an analysis of why companies invest in Customer Data Integration, Quality, Governance and Management (CDM) solutions, what tangible benefits are possible with CDM, and what metrics can be used to measure the ROI of these initiatives. In short, this research provides actionable insight that companies may use in compiling a vendor short list, request for qualifications and best practice terms of engagement with software vendors.
Hypatia Research Group considers Customer Data Management (CDM) solutions to be a subset of Master Data Management software technologies. Effective CDM should include clearly defined data governance policies as well as business processes which may encompass other enabling software categories such as:
- Data Quality
- Data Governance
- Customer Data Integration
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
- Call Center Solutions
- Marketing Automation (Enterprise Marketing Management or (EMM)
- Business Process Management
Leslie Ament, senior vice president, and principal analyst at Hypatia Research Group stated, “Customer information is fluid, resides in several software applications or systems as varied as Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), Customer Relationship Management (CRM), Enterprise Marketing Management (EMM), or Data Warehouses and delivered via Cloud, On-premise, SaaS or hosted technologies as well as via online user-generated content such as social media networks. Achieving a comprehensive 360 degree view of the customer has never been more challenging, and yet, necessary given the sophistication of today's multichannel consumer.”
Hypatia’s analysis of nearly 450 executives reveals end-user "Voice of the Customer" insight into:
- The importance of interoperability among cloud, SaaS and on-premise solutions specific to customer information.
- Which features, functionality and capabilities organizations value most and why?
- Why companies plan to invest and how do they prioritize investment in CDM technologies?
- Which performance metrics or KPI's are tracked regularly and how important is each in establishing ROI?
- As a percentage of the company's marketing budget, what is the annual ROI realized from effective leverage of Social for CDM?
- Who owns the budget versus who is accountable for results?
- Which role(s) are primarily accountable?
- Return on investment benchmarks by maturity level.
- Which best practices or lessons learned from other organizations' effective use of CDM for might benefit my organization.
Industry analyst and market research firm Hypatia Research Group delivers high impact market intelligence, industry benchmarking, best practice, and vendor selection research for how businesses use technology and service providers to capture, manage, analyze and apply customer and market intelligence to enhance performance and accelerate growth. Coverage includes: Customer Management (CRM), Business Intelligence, Advanced Analytics, Customer Analytics, Social Media, Text Analytics, Marketing Automation, Information Management, Customer Data Management/Data Quality and GRC. Since 2001, clients have relied on Hypatia for industry insight, expertise and independent market research for guidance in assessing various technology and service options.
For advisory, licensing or further analysis on this topic by company size, industry, job function or geography, please contact Research(at)HypatiaResearch(dot)com or call 978-828-7062 or 781-862-5106.