Travelers onboard Louis Cruises' themed sailings will experience bands that are in high-demand across Europe, food by famed culinary experts, and wines from acclaimed Greek vintners for a true insider's perspective of Greece
Piraeus, Greece (PRWEB) April 30, 2013
Louis Cruises today unveiled its 2013 themed cruises which complement the superb Mediterranean cruise experience with cultural, gastronomical and musical additions for passengers in search of a distinctive, destination-focused cruise. The theme cruise programs for 2013 are ‘Greek Wine and Traditional Flavors,’ ‘History Talks,’ ‘A Capella,’ ‘Lyceum Club of Greek Women,’ ‘Imam Baildi,’ and ‘A Tribute to the Legends!’ The 2013 calendar is an extension to Louis Cruises’ new enrichment themed cruise program to Greece and Turkey.
“Travelers onboard these exciting, themed Louis Cruises will be treated to performances by musicians and bands that are in high-demand across Europe, sample dishes prepared by famed food experts and wines from the oldest vintners in the region, and much more during the 3, 4 and 7-day Aegean cruises,” said Kyriakos Anastassiadis, CEO of Louis Cruises. “We are proud to offer these luxurious experiences that take our passengers’ vacation to a new level. The 2013 themed cruise program complements our innovative Mediterranean sailings and we look forward to growing this platform.”
The 2013 theme cruises add unique dimensions to the Mediterranean sailing vacation to Greece and Turkey. Passengers will get a local perspective for the port-of-call and overall cultural and historical background of the country. Here’s a look at the 2013 theme cruises:
- Greek Wine and Traditional Flavors: The authentic flavors of Aegean dishes paired with vintages from the award-winning Boutari Winery take your palette on an exploration of Greek gastronomy. Highlights of the theme cruise include an on-board seminar with famed epicurean expert, Vangelis Driskas, and a discussion in the art and history of creating fine Greek wine from Boutari Winery, established in 1879 and one of the oldest wineries in Greece. Of course, savoring the fabulous dishes prepared in front of you paired with the perfect Greek wine is included. When to cruise: 3-day cruise departs on May 24, 4-day cruise departs on July 27 and September 9, 7-day cruise departs on June 21.
- History Talks: The legend behind the Greek Islands, Cyprus, Turkey and all of your destinations come alive and make your adventure at each stop even more exciting with fascinating descriptions from distinguished Greek historian, Angelos Vlachos. Learn the customs, culture and ancient history that make each destination what it is today via insightful discussions before each port of call. When to cruise: 3-day cruise departs on May 31, 4-day cruise departs on May 13 and July 8, 7-day cruise departs on May 17, June 28 and September 20.
- A Capella: The Greek music ensemble, A Capella, takes you on a musical journey to discover the delightful Aegean destinations of Turkey and Cyprus on this theme cruise. The sounds of inspirational Greek contemporary éntekhno music accompany your sailing adventure with nightly programs from the 5-member group. Live performances and interpretations of works by leading Greek composers await. When to cruise: 3-day cruise departs on May 17, September 27 and October 18. 4-day cruise departs on June 24.
- Lyceum Club of Greek Women: Immerse yourself in Greek heritage and culture on a theme cruise that pays tribute to the country’s traditions and values. Through dance, music, singing and costumes, passengers will participate in various programs including “Aegean, it’s islands and traditions,” This is Greece!,” “Aegean Weddings,” “Easter in the Aegean,” and more! Passengers experience, first-hand, the traditions that have molded the culture, people and land to what it is today. When to cruise: 3-day cruise departs on June 7, September 13 and October 11, 7-day cruise departs on May 10.
- Imam Baildi: Traditionally, Imam Baildi is an authentic dish created in the kitchens of Constantinople and Asia Minor, but this theme cruise is instead a delightful creation of sound. The famed Greek band, Imam Baildi, fuses traditional songs from the region with modern rhythms and melodic techniques promising on-board entertainment with an innovative sound. Imam Baildi consists of a 10-member orchestra that is in high-demand for concerts across Europe. Enjoy the merging of nostalgic Greek music with current electro, fast beat and hip hop styles as you sail across the Mediterranean. When to cruise: 3-day cruise departs on April 26 and June 21.
- A Tribute to the Legends!: The songs of Greek musical legends are honored and performed with current twists by their sons on this harmonious and rocking theme cruise. The sons of four of the most famous Greek performers will inject new life into the songs that their fathers entertained locals with for the past decades. These award-winning artists who have performed around the world make for a magical cruise vacation. When to cruise: 3-day cruise departs on July 26 and 4-day cruise departs on August 26.
With 25 time-honored years in cruising throughout the Mediterranean and 75 years of award winning history in tourism, Louis Cruises offers an unparalleled cruise experience onboard its celebrated fleet of destination-friendly cruise ships. As part of the line’s enhanced focus on showcasing its Hellenistic identity, guests sailing onboard Louis Cruises vessels can more fully experience the sights, sounds and tastes of Greece and the picturesque Greek islands on their next Mediterranean adventure.
Louis Cruises takes extra care to design itineraries that include the best ports in their best seasons allowing ample time to enjoy their uniquely individual charms coupled with meticulously planned shore excursions for a truly insightful look into each destination. The line’s vessels transport passengers, both literally and figuratively, to the lands of philosophers and dreamers -- from the grandeur of Ancient Greece and the legendary Greek Isles to the treasures of Turkey and beyond! Sailing with Louis Cruises, travelers can expect a complete destination experience, timely arrivals, flexible and imaginative itineraries, smooth embarkation and disembarkation, fascinating shore excursions, and unparalleled Greek hospitality for a lifetime of enriching memories.
Louis Cruises’ itineraries can be booked on-line at louiscruises.com or through most major tour operators in the U.S. and Canada. For further information or to order the company’s brochure call (877) 568-4787, send an e-mail to cruising(at)louiscruises(dot)com or visit the company’s web site at: louiscruises.com.
About Louis Group:
Louis Group was founded in 1935 and has over the decades evolved into a leading tourism, hospitality and travel group in the Eastern Mediterranean. Louis Hotels owns and manages 19 four and five star hotels in all of Cyprus’ resorts, including the Hilton Park Nicosia and the Greek islands of Corfu, Zante, Crete, Mykonos and Rhodes. With a fleet of five cruise ships, Louis Cruises sails from Piraeus, Istanbul and Kusadasi to the Greek islands and Turkey’s most enticing destinations. For more information on Louis Group and its subsidiaries, please visit our websites at: louishotels.com, louiscruises.com, and mykonostheoxenia.com.