Destin, FL (PRWEB) December 30, 2013
Travel website TripShock.com is starting the year off with its list of top things to do when visiting Destin, FL during the month of January. Although January is one of the coldest months in this small tourist town, it's still open for business and has a lot of exciting things to do. Here are some things that are a must when visiting Destin in January (No specific order). All of these tours can be booked online at discounted rates using TripShock.com.
1) Dolphin Watch Cruises - Dolphin cruises are one of the most popular activities on the Gulf Coast. These tour boats serve more customers than any other attraction in the area. The great thing about dolphin tours is that they run all year round unlike other water tours. The colder weather will not stop dolphins from entertaining. The best part is that dolphin tours are less expensive in the winter so guests can get a better deal on their tours.
2) Helicopter Tours - During the winter, most parasail operators close down because of the cold weather. This makes helicopter tours very popular since it's an enclosed flight. Take a trip up and down the beautiful Destin shoreline and see all sorts of marine wildlife below. Tours typically operate daily from 10am to sunset.
3) Gulfarium - The Gulfarium is one of Florida's oldest and most popular aquariums. It not only has several exhibits of marine wildlife, but offers various shows. The dolphin show is their most popular. Guests can also get access to special exhibits with their animal encounter options, but this costs extra depending on the type of encounter.
4) Horseback Trail Rides - Although Destin is not known for it's farming community, there are various stables throughout the area. The Arnett Stables offers trail rides daily through the winter through the state forest near 30A. Throw on a light jacket and enjoy the outdoors on these beautiful Tennessee Walker horses.
5) Dinner Cruises - Dinner cruises are offered twice each week during the winter months and its a great way to enjoy local cuisine while admiring the coastal scenery.
6) Sailing Tours - Private sailing trips can be a way to explore the waters of the Harbor and Bay without going on a large group tour with several people and families. Although the price is a little higher, it's well worth the one on one time with the captain. Learn about the waterways and the history of Destin.