(PRWEB) January 14, 2014
Advance Local, a leading media organization affiliated with 12 news and information websites and 30+ newspapers in communities throughout the U.S., announced the launch of a paid national internship program with positions in its local content and sales & marketing departments.
The program is open to current, full-time undergraduate or graduate students pursuing a degree in Journalism, Business, Communications, or related fields.
Positions are available at the following Advance Local group companies:
- Alabama Media Group (AL.com, The Birmingham News, The Huntsville Times, Press-Register, The Mississippi Press)
- MLive Media Group (MLive.com, The Bay City Times, The Flint Journal, The Grand Rapids Press, Jackson Citizen Patriot, Kalamazoo Gazette, Muskegon Chronicle, The Saginaw News, The Ann Arbor News)
- NOLA Media Group (NOLA.com and The Times-Picayune)
- Northeast Ohio Media Group (which represents cleveland.com, The Plain Dealer and Sun News for sales and marketing and which also provides some content to the website and the newspapers)
- Oregonian Media Group (OREGONLIVE.com, The Oregonian, Hillsboro Argus, Beaverton Leader and Forest Grove Leader)
- PA Media Group (PennLive.com and The Patriot News)
- Syracuse Media Group (syracuse.com and The Post-Standard)
Participants will be immersed in one Advance Local market for 8 weeks and then come together for a national summit in the New York City area with fellow interns from across the country. Students must be available to work between June 2, 2014 and July 25, 2014.
Intern position descriptions and an application are available on http://www.advancelocal.net/internship-program. Applications will be accepted between January 6, 2014 – February 28, 2014, and candidates will be notified prior to March 14, 2014. Applicants must supply a resume, references and up to 3 work or writing samples.
Students interested in more details should email advancelocalinfo(at)advance(dot)net.
About Advance Local
Advance Local is a leading media group comprised of affiliated digitally focused news and information companies in communities throughout Alabama, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Michigan, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Oregon and Pennsylvania. Reaching more than 30 million U.S. consumers a month through the group’s 12 news and information websites and 30+ newspapers, Advance Local delivers trusted, quality journalism to readers in real-time across all platforms – print, online and mobile – and engages those readers in discussions and debate that enrich our communities. Advance Local is part of Advance Publications, along with Condé Nast, Parade Media Group, Fairchild Fashion Group and American City Business Journals. Advance Local is based in New York, NY.