By offering anytime, anywhere access to high quality, rigorous instruction, our online and blended learning programs ensure that students can strive for academic success beyond the traditional school year.
Scottsdale, AZ (PRWEB) January 21, 2014
Edgenuity, a leading provider of online and blended learning solutions, today unveiled a number of new summer school success stories. After serving over 100,000 summer school students in 2013, Edgenuity looks forward to continuing to partner with schools and districts across the country on innovative summer school programs that drive increased student engagement and academic achievement. Schools have the option to choose from Edgenuity’s credit recovery, initial credit, and electives to serve both struggling students and those motivated to advance more quickly in their schoolwork.
“Summer school is an ideal time to provide students with customized curriculum, allowing them to catch up on credits or explore topics that inspire them,” noted Sari Factor, CEO of Edgenuity. “By offering anytime, anywhere access to high quality, rigorous instruction, our online and blended learning programs ensure that students can strive for academic success beyond the traditional school year."
Just a few new examples of schools and districts where Edgenuity has partnered to help deliver successful summer school programs include:
In 2012, Bedford Public Schools in Bedford, Virginia used Edgenuity’s courses during an eight-week blended learning summer school program for high school students.
- 61 high school students took an English language arts course.
- 100% of students enrolled in the program passed their courses by the end of the summer.
- 12 of these students also took the 2012 Virginia Standards of Learning End-of-Course (EOC) reading and writing tests; 100% passed the EOC exam in reading and 92% passed the EOC exam in writing.
In 2013, Richmond County School System in Richmond County, Georgia implemented a six-week blended learning summer school program to give teenage parents, students in foster care, students with mental health concerns, and at-risk high school students who previously failed courses a second chance to learn subject matter and recover academic credits.
- 126 students participated in the program, attending school for two 130-minute classes two days per week and completing two hours of Edgenuity coursework from home after school.
- Teachers used data from Edgenuity’s learning management system to assess student work and provide practice and remediation when needed.
- With the encouragement of five subject area learning facilitators, enrollees completed 86% of their Edgenuity courses with passing grades.
In 2013, Hays Consolidated Independent School District in Kyle, Texas implemented an optional blended learning summer school program for ninth and tenth graders who did not pass their spring 2013 State of Texas Assessments of Academic Readiness End-of-Course (STAAR EOC) tests.
- 124 students from Hays High School and Lehman High School took English language arts courses.
- After just six weeks enrolled in Edgenuity courses, CISD summer school students retaking the STAAR EOC tests demonstrated significant gains.
- Students who took the English I Reading test saw an average increase of 56 points, from 1739 to 1795, and those who took the English II Reading test saw an average increase of 124 points, from 1763 to 1887. Students who took the English I Writing test saw an average increase of 122 points, from 1724 to 1846, and those who took the English II Writing test saw an average increase of 133 points, from 1747 to 1880.
For more information on Edgenuity’s summer school program, visit http://www.edgenuity.com/Solutions/SummerSchool.
Edgenuity provides engaging online education solutions that propel success for every student, empower every teacher to deliver more effective instruction, and enable schools and districts to meet their academic goals. Edgenuity delivers a range of Core Curriculum, AP®, Elective, Career and Technical Education (CTE), and Credit Recovery courses aligned to the rigor and high expectations of state, Common Core and iNACOL standards and designed to inspire life-long learning. Fully flexible for use in any blended or online learning model, Edgenuity supports an environment where personalized learning is possible. With 185 semester-long courses and growing, Edgenuity has already driven outcomes for more than one million students in schools and districts across the country. For more information, and to see Edgenuity in action, visit Edgenuity.com.