Each year, Pittcon provides Shimadzu with an opportunity to showcase its state-of-the-art laboratory equipment to an international audience.
Columbia, MD (PRWEB) January 22, 2014
Shimadzu Scientific Instruments (SSI) will showcase several new products, host poster sessions, and present on UHPLC, GC/MS/MS and protein quantitation at the Pittcon 2014 conference and exhibition, March 2-6, at McCormick Place (Booth 1942) in Chicago.
“Each year, Pittcon provides Shimadzu with an opportunity to showcase its state-of-the-art laboratory equipment to an international audience,” said Kevin McLaughlin, SSI senior marketing communications coordinator. “This year is no exception with our launch of a new triple-quadrupole mass spectrometer and other breakthrough products.”
- LCMS-8050 Triple-Quadrupole Mass Spectrometer
- IRTracer-100 FTIR Spectrophotometer
- SALD-7500nano Nano Particle Size Analyzer
- Nexera Ultra High Performance LC Method Scouting System
- EDX-7000/8000 Energy Dispersive X-ray Fluorescence Spectrometer
- AGS-X Tabletop Precision Universal Testers
- DSC-60 Plus Differential Scanning Calorimeter
- Noviplex Cards Dried Plasma Spot Technology
- Aggregates Sizer Aggregation Analysis System
- “The New Reality Show ‒ Can HPLC Keep Up With Fast LCMS?” by Robert J. Classon, Jonathan Edwardsen, Christopher Gilles, William Hedgepeth and Rachel Lieberman
- “Analysis of Pesticides in Food Matrices Using a Triple-Quadrupole GC/MS/MS” by Laura Chambers, Haruhiko Miyagawa, Clifford M. Taylor and Richard R. Whitney
- “New Technologies and Methods in Protein Quantitation for Biotherapeutics and Clinical Diagnostics” by Robert E. Buco, Jeff Dahl, Faith Hays, Jinhee Kim, Scott Kuzdzal, Jeremy Post, Fred Regnier and Tim Woenker
Shimadzu will host multiple poster presentations covering such techniques as triple- quadrupole GC/MS/MS, UHPLC and low-pressure gradient preparative HPLC in various industries, including agriculture, environmental, and clinical chemistry and toxicology. Posters include:
- New Applications Using a GC BID Detector
- Craft Beer VDK and Ethanol by Simultaneous GC Headspace Analysis
- High Throughput HPLC Method Development
- Peak Deconvolution Analysis with Photo Diode Array Detector
- Extending the Linear Dynamic Range of Photo Diode Array Detector
- Target and Non-target Analysis of Metabolites in Urine Using Scan/MRM and GC/MS/MS
- Analysis of Blood Alcohol Content by Headspace
- Quantitative Analysis of Opioids Using a Triple-Quadrupole GC/MS/MS
- Analysis of Pesticides in Baby Food Using a Triple-Quadruple GC/MS/MS
- Determination of Tetracyclines in Surface Water by Ultra High Performance Liquid Chromatography/Tandem Mass Spectrometry
- Techniques for Reducing the Effects of Sample Solvents on UHPLC Analyses
- Preparative Separation of Active Components in Natural Products Using Low-Pressure Gradient Preparative HPLC
- Determination of Major and Minor Elements in Marine Sediments of Manganese Crusts by ICP-AES
For more information on Shimadzu’s products, presentations and poster sessions, or to arrange an interview with a Shimadzu representative at Pittcon, contact Scott Clark at sclark(at)schubertb2b(dot)com or 610-269-2100, ext. 225.
About Shimadzu Scientific Instruments Inc.
Shimadzu Scientific Instruments (SSI) is the American subsidiary of Shimadzu Corp., headquartered in Kyoto, Japan. Founded in 1875, Shimadzu is a $3 billion multinational corporation with three major divisions: Medical Diagnostics, Aerospace/Industrial and Analytical Instruments. In the United States, SSI has a network of more than 50 locations providing local and regional sales, service and technical support. Visit http://www.ssi.shimadzu.com for more information.