Several years ago the hype was all about carbon nanotubes, but now it appears that nanomaterials made from silver are much more likely to gain market share.
Glen Allen, VA (PRWEB) January 30, 2014
Industry analyst firm NanoMarkets has added the report, “Markets for Silver Nanomaterials as Transparent Conductors” to the firm’s publication schedule and that will be available in mid-February of this year. The report continues the firm’s coverage of the transparent conductor space and especially ITO alternatives. The firm recently released an analysis of metal meshes as a transparent conductor earlier this month.
For additional details about the new report please visit: http://nanomarkets.net/market_reports/report/markets-for-silver-nanomaterials-as-transparent-conductors.
About the Report:
The growth of the touch-screen market has focused efforts on alternative materials that might make a dent in ITO’s dominance as a transparent conductor. Several years ago the hype was all about carbon nanotubes, but now it appears that nanomaterials made from silver are much more likely to gain market share.
In this report, we assess the current state of the market for transparent conductors made with silver nanowires and silver nanoparticles. This report draws from research gathered from NanoMarkets ongoing industry research program in the area of transparent conductors, but we have also brought the story right up to date based on the latest developments in the sector, showing what the current prospects are for silver nanomaterials in the transparent conductor sector.
This report describes the capabilities and strategies of the leading silver nanomaterial-based transparent conductor suppliers and also discusses commercially interesting developments at other firms. In addition, this report contains an updated granular eight-year forecast of the silver nanomaterial market as a part of the larger transparent conductor market and also forecasts the market in all the key applications where silver nanowires have potential to gain traction.
The all-important application here is touch screens, and that is the most likely place for silver materials considered in this report to succeed. But this report also discusses other applications including LCD and OLED displays, OLED lighting and PV panels.
NanoMarkets believes that this report will provide the reader with deep strategic insight into new developments and market forecasts for this important sector of the transparent conductor market.
Silver Nanowires As Transparent Conductors
- Trade-offs Between Conductivity and Transparency
- Manufacturing Nanowires
- Nanowires are Complicated
- The Path from Raw Materials to Usable Panels
- Horizontal or Vertical Supply Chain?
- Silver Nanowires or Carbon Nanotubes?
- Shifts in the Market
- Can Silver Nanowires and Carbon Nanotubes Co-Exist?
- Silver Nanoparticles as a Transparent Conductor
Applications and Markets For Silver Nanowires
- Touch Screens: The Killer App
- Silver Nanowires Have Some Advantages
- Competing Materials Pose a Challenge
- Moving Toward Larger Panels
- OLED Displays and Lighting
- PV Opportunities
- Thin Film PV
- Organic PV (DSC)
- Other Applications
Key Firms to Watch
- Cima NanoTech
- Silver Nanowire Suppliers
- Blue Nano
- Seashell Technology
Forecasts for Silver Nanowires as Transparent Conductors
- Forecasts for Silver Nanowire and Overall Transparent Conductor Markets by Application
- Forecasts for Silver Nanowires in Touch-Screen Sensors
- Forecasts for Silver Nanowires in OLED Lighting and Displays
- Forecasts for Silver Nanowires in PV Panels
- Forecasts in other Markets
- Key Points from This Chapter
NanoMarkets tracks and analyzes emerging markets in energy, electronics and other area created by developments in advanced materials. The firm is a recognized leader in industry analysis and forecasts of in the transparent conductor industry. Visit http://www.nanomarkets.net for a full listing of NanoMarkets' reports and other services.