(PRWEB) February 18, 2014
Heritage Bank is committed to helping their customers reach their financial dreams, and that includes the dreams of their children – even if they don’t know what those dreams are just yet.
Heritage is helping children take a guided first step into the world of finance by offering a Kids Target Bonus Account.
Heritage Bank CEO John Minz said it was important to encourage good savings habits from an early age.
“The account offers no monthly account keeping fees and the ability to earn a bonus interest rate 2.5% PA above the normal rate for every month you make at least one deposit and no withdrawals,” Mr Minz said.
“The Kids Target Bonus Account is a great stepping stone to help parents set a strong foundation for their child’s lifelong relationship with money and banking.”
5 tips to help your little savers get started:
1. Offer extra pocket money for special jobs.
2. Encourage them to save their spare change.
3. Reward your child for saving. For example, a special treat when they reach a small goal.
4. Match your child’s contributions.
5. Help your child to understand the importance of waiting for purchase an item, rather than buying it on the spot.
To help kids on their way to good savings, Heritage Bank is offering a free Priscilla the Pig money box for every Kids Target Bonus Account opened for children up to the age of 13 between 1 January and 28 February 2014. For more information, please visit http://www.heritage.com.au/Savings-Accounts/Target-Bonus.aspx.