Washington, DC (PRWEB) February 25, 2014
WEConnect International, a global non-profit dedicated to helping women business owners succeed in global value chains, is excited to announce a new operating model in Canada designed to increase opportunities for women business owners in the country. The shift in the Canadian model will bring into alignment all of WEConnect International’s global operations including Europe, Asia, Latin America, Middle East and Africa. WEConnect International is the exclusive global partner of the Women’s Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC) in the USA.
The re-launch of WEConnect International in Canada will make it easier for women business owners in Canada to connect with a global network of peers in over 70 countries as well as with a corporate membership representing over $700 billion in annual purchasing power.
The model will allow certified companies in Canada that are at least 51% owned, managed and controlled by one or more women to join the WEConnect International eNetwork directly at http://www.WEConnectInternational.org. Corporations use the WEConnect International eNetwork to find products and services offered by women suppliers.
Women business owners in Canada who register with WEConnect International will continue to receive the following benefits:
- Access to global commercial opportunities through the WEConnect International eNetwork, a secure online community of corporate members and women-owned businesses
- Invitations to attend the annual WBENC Conference and Trade Fair in the USA, including the annual WEConnect International Day and Business Networking Reception
- Invitations to forums presented by corporate members, with overviews of their procurement processes and practical tips on sourcing events and how to respond to Requests for Proposals
- Training workshops on how to leverage your certification and grow your company
- Opportunities to connect with and learn from other certified companies on key success factors and growth strategies
WEConnect International’s global corporate members are industry leaders in supplier inclusion and development. Members include: Accenture, Access Bank, AIG, Alcatel-Lucent, Apple, AT&T, Boeing Company, Cargill, Cisco Systems, Coca-Cola Company, Cummins, D.W. Morgan, Dell, Dunn & Bradstreet, EY, ExxonMobil, Full Circle Exchange, GlaxoSmithKline, Goldman Sachs, Hospira, HP, IBM, Intel, Interpublic, Johnson & Johnson, Johnson Controls, Manpower, Marriott International, MasterCard, Merck, Microsoft, Motorola Solutions, Pfizer, PG&E, Royal Bank of Scotland, Sodexo, Verizon, Walmart, WellPoint, and Wyndham Worldwide.