London (PRWEB UK) 26 February 2014
Although the summer months are by far and away the most popular time of year to get married in the UK, spring provides a great variety in terms of colour schemes and flowers for brides to choose from. Here, Todich Floral Design, an award-winning events and wedding florist in London, suggests five fabulously on-trend flowers for spring weddings in 2014.
English country garden style is set to remain a key trend this year, with bridal bouquets and wedding flowers taking on a more natural, fluid style and incorporating materials with different textures, size and form. Full, blowsy blooms and multi-petalled flowers continue to be really popular and are perfect for creating a romantic, nostalgic vibe. Trailing climbers, scented flowers and flowering shrubs can also be incorporated in to wedding bouquets and displays to add texture and scent and give a wild, garden feel.
Wedding florist Todich Floral Design recommends the below five flowers for spring 2014 brides:
1. Lilac: Lilac makes a wonderful spring wedding flower, not only because of its tiny, delicate clustered flower heads and wonderful scent, but because it also means ‘first emotions of love’, bringing a touch of romantic symbolism to the wedding designs. From deep purpley blues, through to soft lilacs, pinks and white, it comes in a variety of gorgeous shades that can work in many colour schemes.
2. Clematis: A spring-flowering climber, clematis is perfect for candleabra and garland designs and also looks lovely in trailing bouquets and loose, bridal bouquet and wild wedding reception designs. These wedding flowers for London brides come in a variety of blues, purples and pinks and there is even a large-flowered, white cultivar called ‘Wedding Day’, which has a plain green band on each petal and striking dark pink anthers.
3. Viburnum opulus: Also knows at the Guelder rose, this flowering shrub and hugely versatile material for floral designs. Its bright, lime green colour adds pops of brightness and interest and it works well with most other flowers for weddings. Its large size and round form also make it a particularly good filler and addition to large scale displays like pedestals, pots and urns. It looks especially lovely with pale pinks, peaches or purple, or in a fresh, simple colour scheme of green and white.
4. Ranunculus: A bit like mini peonies, this extremely delicate, multi-petalled flower is great for romantic wedding designs and has become particularly popular in recent years. From pure white and the palest of pinks, to bright yellows, oranges, red and even deep burgundy, they come in many different colours and are at their best from January, with the main season usually ending around May/June. Ranunculus look fabulous by themselves, but work equally well with a variety of other spring wedding flowers too.
5. Tulips: It’s always great to use seasonal blooms, as when flowers are at their best, they’re usually at their cheapest too, and tulips are in abundance at this time of year. While soft pink and nude tones are favourite London bridal colors, spring is a great time to mirror nature and bring some bold pops of colour to wedding flower designs. Tulips are the perfect flower for this and their simple, elegant lines mean they can be used to create a variety of styles.
About Todich Floral Design
Todich Floral Design was founded by Zlatko “Todd” Todic and consists of a team of talented designers and florists with many years' experience in the industry. From hotel flowers in London and office flowers for corporate clients, to small bespoke weddings and private events, the team at Todich Floral Design specialise in using their wealth of knowledge and expertise to transform clients' floral requests and requirements in to unique, beautiful and innovative designs.
All flowers and plants at Todich Floral Design are sourced from local suppliers or direct from Covent Garden Flower Market and only those that meet the company's strict quality standards are used in its designs. Todich Floral Design also has a strong focus on seasonality and sustainability and is committed to running an eco-friendly business. In 2011 it was named Best Business for Customer Service at the Lambeth Business Awards and continues to build on this with a growing, satisfied base of corporate and private clients alike.