“We are honored to have Ken Davis and Eaton providing the executive leadership for COMVEC 2014.” - Greg Muha, SAE Commercial Vehicle and Ground Defense Sector Lead
Warrendale, PA (PRWEB) February 27, 2014
SAE International announces today that EATON will provide the executive leadership for the SAE 2014 Commercial Vehicle Engineering Congress, which will be held Oct. 7-9 in Rosemont, Ill.
The 2014 event will feature a theme of “Engineering Leadership – Changing, Guiding, Influencing.” The mission of the conference is to be the conference of choice for the sharing of technical knowledge and networking for the global on-road and off-road Commercial Vehicle Industry.
Ken Davis, President, Vehicle Group, EATON, will serve as Executive Chair for the three-day congress, which will feature:
- Forums, presentations, and discussions by commercial vehicle industry leaders and innovators, focusing on global issues relative to technology, business, processes and challenges facing our industry today and tomorrow. Including executive panels entitled Math to Lab to Road; Efficiently Engineering for Global Markets – The Emerging Market Product Challenge; and Engineers as Leaders.
- Cutting-edge technical sessions for engineering professionals to learn, discuss, and benefit from the latest trends, technologies and potential solutions. Technical program tracks will be focused on: Aerodynamics; Braking and Steering; Chassis and Suspension; Cyber Security; Drivetrain, Powertrain and Transmissions; Electronics; Fluid Power and Hydraulics; High Efficiency Heavy Duty Vehicles; Lightweighting; Natural Gas; Sustainability and Total Vehicle Concepts.
- The 59th Annual L. Ray Buckendale Lecture featuring Dr. Mehdi Ahmadian, Professor and Director, Center for Vehicle Systems and Safety at Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University.
- Interactive, hands-on exhibits, vehicle and equipment displays featuring the latest technologies and applications for trucks, busses, military and defense ground vehicles, agricultural, construction, and mining equipment.
- Networking opportunities and special events designed to promote professional interaction and collaboration.
- Awards and recognition of the achievements SAE International members from the commercial vehicle sector, as well as the winning teams from the 2014 Baja SAE and SAE Supermileage Collegiate Design Series competitions.
“We are honored to have Ken Davis and Eaton providing the executive leadership for COMVEC 2014,” said Greg Muha, SAE Commercial Vehicle and Ground Defense Sector Lead. “Ken brings a wealth of industry knowledge and experience to this event. Eaton has been a proactive innovator within many of the technologies addressed at COMVEC and is uniquely positioned to fulfill this role for the flagship event serving our commercial vehicle constituency.”
For more information about the SAE 2014 Commercial Vehicle Engineering Congress, visit http://www.sae.org/events/cve/; to request press credentials, call 1-724-772-8522 or email pr (at) sae (dot) org.
SAE International is a global association committed to being the ultimate knowledge source for the engineering profession. By uniting over 138,000 engineers and technical experts, we drive knowledge and expertise across a broad spectrum of industries. We act on two priorities: encouraging a lifetime of learning for mobility engineering professionals and setting the standards for industry engineering. We strive for a better world through the work of our philanthropic SAE Foundation, including programs like A World in Motion® and the Collegiate Design Series™.