London, UK (PRWEB) March 03, 2014
Playing an essential role in modulating cell functions, peptides find application in numerous pathological and physiological processes. The increasing use of peptides drugs in the treatment of different specific human diseases has also propelled the demand for these drugs. Presently, there are around 90 approved peptide-based drugs in the world marketplace, with nearly 278 peptide drugs being in clinical trials and 319 additional ones –undergoing preclinical testing. Cancer peptide segment captures the dominant share (over 20%) of the total peptide therapeutics market.
In 2013, driven by the considerable advancements in the genomics filed, the identification of novel targets for peptide drugs together with increasing popularity and awareness of the safer drugs among potential patients, the world peptide therapeutics market value reached close to USD 17 billion. The demand for peptide drugs is predicted to be fuelled by the increasing incidence of cardiovascular and metabolic diseases as well as on-going technological advances. The world peptide therapeutics market will likely see sustained growth at around 9-10% CAGR in the upcoming years, climbing to a value of close to USD 27.3 billion by 2018.
In-demand research report “Global Peptide Therapeutics Market & Pipeline Insight” elaborated by PNS Pharma is available at MarketPublishers.com.
Title: Global Peptide Therapeutics Market & Pipeline Insight
Published: February, 2014
Price: US$ 2,400.00
The report provides a full-scale coverage of the peptide therapeutics market worldwide, besides reviewing the situation in the major geographical markets. It presents an all-round examination of the current peptide therapeutics pipeline, as well as contains a comprehensive pipeline assessment by country, phase and indication. The research study sheds light on the competitive environment in the marketplace, offers detailed profiles of the dominant industry players, investigates the performance of the main market segments as well as covers all the important industry aspects. The report summarizes the market’s main growth drivers and restraints, describes the prevailing trends, and also outlines the future growth prospects of the global peptide therapeutics industry up to 2018.
- Extensive worldwide peptide therapeutics market outlook.
- Detailed regional markets analyses.
- Snapshot of the major market growth stimulators and limiters.
- Discussion of the burning issues to be addressed.
- In-depth peptide clinical pipeline analysis.
- Comprehensive pipeline assessment by indication, phase and country.
- All-round examination of the key market sectors.
- Profound insights into the competitive climate in the marketplace.
- Detailed profiles of the leading companies engaged in the industry.
- Complete set of industry performance estimates and essential figures.
- Market future outlook through 2018.
More insightful research reports by the publisher can be found at PNS Pharma page.