While these steps are certainly not an all-inclusive list that businesses should consider, especially for larger companies, this information can provide a beneficial starting point for businesses across Texas.
Spring, TX (PRWEB) March 18, 2014
Texas-based insurance agency, U.S. Insurance Source, serves the needs of individuals and companies in several states. In honor of Business Continuity Awareness Week, March 17th-21st, the agency will release business continuity planning tips in order to help companies of all sizes.
The basic purpose of a Business Continuity Plan is to outline how employees will continue to do their jobs after a disaster or emergency occurs. This could include a natural disaster, or an emergency in the office such as a fire. These are also known as Disaster Recovery Plans. Implementing risk management and business continuity programs is crucial for the success of businesses of all kinds, and U.S. Insurance Source hopes to assist companies with the following information on how to create one of these plans:
- Make note of key internal information. This includes a list of crucial team members, job functions, and data backup information.
- Create a list of each employee’s contact information, including home and personal contact information so that they can be reached when outside of the office.
- If your business utilizes third party vendors or contractors, compile a list of the contact information of these individuals. Also, be sure to include any significant information regarding their relationships with your company.
- Make note of all critical equipment that your business absolutely cannot function without. This will be different for each business, depending on its nature. Consider things such as computer software, programs, documents on computer servers, and physical office equipment such as fax or copy machines.
- List and backup all critical documents such as human resources information, legal files, financial information, etc.
While these steps are certainly not an all-inclusive list that businesses should consider, especially for larger companies, this information can provide a beneficial starting point for businesses across Texas. U.S. Insurance Source encourages local companies to contact its office at 800-401-8242 for more information about protecting their businesses.
About U.S. Insurance Source:
U.S. Insurance Source has been providing insurance solutions to Texas individuals, families, and businesses for more than 20 years. The agency focuses on using innovative processes in order to better serve its clients and make sure that each one’s individual insurance needs are properly met. From standard personal and business insurance to coverage for businesses in more specific industries, such as trucking insurance, U.S. Insurance Source strives to fulfill all of their clients’ insurance needs, no matter where in the country they are located.