Vortex manufactures ribbon blender, vertical ribbon mixer, conical mixer, industrial powder mixing equipment, blenders,for the process industries
(PRWEB) March 20, 2014
Choosing the right ribbon blender for your application means providing detailed information about your material, process, and equipment requirements to the mixer manufacturer. The manufacturer will keep your information confidential. Following are typical questions the manufacturer asks.
- What are the names and bulk densities of the materials to be mixed?
- What are the approximate proportions of the materials to be mixed and the end product’s bulk density?
- What are the material’s characteristics, such as abrasiveness, flammability, and corrosiveness, and are the materials solid, paste, or liquids?
- What’s the volume you expect to mix per batch?
- The voltage, frequency and phase in your workshop
- What batch size, mixing time, and production throughput per hour do you expect the mixer to provide?
- From which side, and how (or with what equipment), will the materials be loaded into the mixer?
- From which side, and how (or with what equipment), will the end product be discharged?
- Will the loading, mixing and discharge cycles have any special requirements, such pressure or vacuum operation or heating or cooling? Must information about the temperature, material level, or material weight be supplied during any of these operations?
Your equipment requirements
- Will the mixer be started under load or require frequent start-stop cycles (or both)?
- What construction materials does the mixer require, especially in the material-contact areas, support structure, and drive?
- What finish, if any, must the ribbon mixer have, and what standards (such as 3-A sanitary) or approvals (such as USDA or FDA) must the finish meet?
- Where and at what height will the discharge be located and what type of discharge should it be? How and from what side will it be operated?
- Will the ribbon assembly need any special modifications, such as high-speed choppers?
- What are the cover requirements, including the cover size and the need for gaskets, special openings or transitions, clamps, grates, and safety microswitches?
- What power supply (volts, cycles, and phase) is available, and where do you want to locate the drive?
- What auxiliary equipment (such as sifters, screw conveyors and surge bins) do you need?