It really is a collaboration between our staff and our clients, and we are honored to be in the company of this year’s American Advertising Awards winners.
Gettysburg, Pa (PRWEB) March 10, 2014
Graphcom Creative and Graphcom Publishing, two business divisions of the full-service marketing and communications firm Graphcom in Gettysburg, Pa., received six American Advertising Awards at the American Advertising Federation (AAF) of Greater Frederick’s 2014 American Advertising Awards on March 1 in Walkersville, Md. The American Advertising Awards competition is the largest event of the year — the “Oscars” of the advertising industry.
Graphcom's American Advertising Award winnings consist of:
- A Gold Award in the collateral material, annual report category for the 2012 Pennsylvania Housing Finance Agency (PHFA) annual report “Looking Back, Moving Forward”;
- A Silver Award in the digital advertising, microsites category for the Heartly House of Frederick’s 2013 “Affair of the Heart” event website;
- Two Silver Awards in the publication design, cover category (one each for the August/September 2013 issue and the October/November 2013 issue) for Frederick Gorilla magazine covers;
- A Silver Award in the publication design, series category for the two special July/August 2013 issue covers of Celebrate Gettysburg magazine; and
- A Silver Award magazine in the publication design, editorial spread or feature category for the Adams County covered bridges editorial feature story from the September/October 2013 issue of Celebrate Gettysburg.
Both Celebrate Gettysburg and Frederick Gorilla magazines are published by Graphcom Publishing and employ the talents of editors, photographers and writers living and working in Gettysburg and Frederick, Md., respectively.
“We have an amazing team of creative professionals, and we are thrilled by the announcement of these rewards. At Graphcom, it really is a collaboration between our staff and our clients, and we are honored to be in the company of this year’s American Advertising Awards winners,” said Graphcom President Matt Livelsberger.
The Gold American Advertising Award-winning PHFA annual report project will be automatically entered into the next level of competition hosted by the AAF.
About the American Advertising Awards
Attracting nearly 60,000 entries each year nationwide, the American Advertising Federation’s (AAF) American Advertising Awards have become the largest and most comprehensive advertising competition. The American Advertising Awards originated in the 4th District in 1960 and became a three-tiered national competition in 1968.
Sponsored by the AAF, the awards honor excellence in advertising and cultivate the highest creative standards in the industry. Each year, the competition begins with contests in the nation’s more than 200 AAF member clubs, where entries must be submitted and judged to be eligible for the American Advertising Awards process. Local winners proceed to 15 regional competitions, and those winners advance to the national finals.
Proceeds from the American Advertising Awards program on all levels of competition go back into the industry through the work of the AAF and its members, especially in the areas of advertising education and public service advertising.
For more about the American Advertising Federation of Greater Frederick, visit http://www.aaffrederick.org.
Founded in 1982, Graphcom is a full-service communications and marketing firm located in Gettysburg, Pa. The organization includes a creative agency (Graphcom Creative), a signage division (Signs by Graphcom), a publishing division (Graphcom Publishing), a digital flags and scenic effects division (Field and Floor FX), as well as a full-service commercial printing division with G7 Master Printer certification. Learn more about Graphcom’s services by visiting http://www.graphcom.com or call 800-669-1664.